Off-Topic World History

1698465581747.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
@RVACane @pubmedu @UMFarArcher @TheOriginalCane @JD08 @Rickd @SpikeUM @IndayBuffsHauz @Memnon @ben @ithacane
c59313df-14bf-4137-959a-997d79b1467d.jpg
and I apologize whoever I missed....
I told all if you that in WW2 My father was in the OSS Liberating Concentration camps for almost 2yrs....after the War he sat at Nuremberg as a interpreter for the War Criminals because he knew 5 languages (German, Italian, Romanian, Etc....) and he himself was born in Romania to a Romanian mom and Austrian father, and was ****** as well. (He changed his last name in 1943 because it would've been instant death if he were ever captured with a ****** Dogtag as you could imagine. Well, 2yrs ago my Aunt (mother's youngest sister) passed away in Cape Coral Fl...and since her 2 sons (my cousins in NY) were so far away, I kinda took over either the sale of her home, or renting it out. They chose renting it out, so every month or two I go chk things out, make sure the upkeep is satisfactory, and several other odds and ends. Well a few months prior to her death she told me she had some boxes of old pictures going way back to the 30s & 40s that she wanted me to sort through (she hadn't in many yrs) and to take the pics of my family that I'd run across. Welp, I had forgotten about it, and my cousin called me 2 weeks ago telling me he had a bunch of pics for me including one that would Blow my mind. MFer wouldn't tell me what Pic, so I waited for them via mail...And they showed up yesterday. Welp....this one astounded me. That's my Father sitting down "at" Nuremberg....actually interpreting/translating for the War Criminals. As you can imagine it brought tears to my eyes, especially with what's going on in Israel at the moment. I called my cousin and thanked him from the bottom of my heart. Totally blew me away....
Enjoy.

@RVACane @pubmedu @UMFarArcher @TheOriginalCane @JD08 @Rickd @SpikeUM @IndayBuffsHauz @Memnon @ben @ithacane View attachment 264092 and I apologize whoever I missed....
I told all if you that in WW2 My father was in the OSS Liberating Concentration camps for almost 2yrs....after the War he sat at Nuremberg as a interpreter for the War Criminals because he knew 5 languages (German, Italian, Romanian, Etc....) and he himself was born in Romania to a Romanian mom and Austrian father, and was ****** as well. (He changed his last name in 1943 because it would've been instant death if he were ever captured with a ****** Dogtag as you could imagine. Well, 2yrs ago my Aunt (mother's youngest sister) passed away in Cape Coral Fl...and since her 2 sons (my cousins in NY) were so far away, I kinda took over either the sale of her home, or renting it out. They chose renting it out, so every month or two I go chk things out, make sure the upkeep is satisfactory, and several other odds and ends. Well a few months prior to her death she told me she had some boxes of old pictures going way back to the 30s & 40s that she wanted me to sort through (she hadn't in many yrs) and to take the pics of my family that I'd run across. Welp, I had forgotten about it, and my cousin called me 2 weeks ago telling me he had a bunch of pics for me including one that would Blow my mind. MFer wouldn't tell me what Pic, so I waited for them via mail...And they showed up yesterday. Welp....this one astounded me. That's my Father sitting down "at" Nuremberg....actually interpreting/translating for the War Criminals. As you can imagine it brought tears to my eyes, especially with what's going on in Israel at the moment. I called my cousin and thanked him from the bottom of my heart. Totally blew me away....
Enjoy.
That’s amazing. What a find for you to cherish. We’re both of his parents ****** or just his father from Austria? There were a lot of Romanian Jews prior to WW2. Some survived and I knew one born just after the war.

Advertisement
That’s amazing. What a find for you to cherish. We’re both of his parents ****** or just his father from Austria? There were a lot of Romanian Jews prior to WW2. Some survived and I knew one born just after the war.
Both....Romanian *** and Austrian ***

@RVACane @pubmedu @UMFarArcher @TheOriginalCane @JD08 @Rickd @SpikeUM @IndayBuffsHauz @Memnon @ben @ithacane View attachment 264092 and I apologize whoever I missed....
Enjoy.

That's pretty cool! So often, things get lost, or were in the possession of another that would mean the world to us. Glad for you that you received those photos.

Advertisement
Especially liked the pic of the soldier in the trenches with his dog.

Advertisement
Back