Soccer World Cup

The whole supporting cast will tell you that Messi ran the show.

As for Mbappe, he is playing in the most talented national team since Spain and people praise him the same way for his WC win? Doesn't add up.

And Mbappe arrived there after Neymar. They have been to a CL final where Mbappe failed to deliver. PSG has been a really good team for some time now, but they choke. A lot.

Mbappe is great, but for him to statiscally come close to the top, he needs to keep the current level, without any injuries, for a minimum of 10 years.
Correction for both of us - MBappe & Neymar both arrived in 2017.

Don’t forget also that Messi had Neymar and Luis Suarez at Barca. Club team he had a Barca are probably the best ever.

You were comparing the club history. What MBappe has in France team is very good but Messi has had good players at Argentina for ever as well they made the final vs Germany in 2014 as I know you remember.

Advertisement
Also I forgot that Ronaldo won 2 world cups and made another final. The first one he was a partial contributor only but still testament to how close he was to winning three in his career.

Plus it can be argued that in one of Pele’s wc wins, Garrincha carried that team more than he did (not discounting Pele but just showing that even a career shortened Ronaldo came close to approximating Peles overall World Cup magnificence).
Apparently he had a seizure before the 1998 World Cup final, but they still insisted on playing him.

People around him agree. His prime, shortlived, was the most amazing thing captured on live television.

Power, speed, finesse, creativity, shot power, etc the guy had it all. Mbappe reminds me of him in a lot of ways, but the original Ronaldo was just so **** physical and two inches taller. In today's game, nobody scares defenders more than Mbappe with the ball and that was true of Ronaldo back then. Neither could be defended by one player.

Since we're taking the time machine back, Roberto Carlos is probably my favorite player of all time. If you're new to this, I'd suggest a YouTube foray into some of his videos. For pure fun Ronaldinho is a must and with Pele, some of the fastest feet you'll ever see.

Someone mentioned Messi vs Ronaldo. I'd put them at even, both such different players. People will say the WC win puts him on top, but the WC is so much more than just one player. If you were picking an all time team, they'd both be on it at different positions.

This I am 100%. He was a monster.

Look up games or highlights with him, Ronaldinho, and Rivaldo (even) together. When these three or at least Ronaldo and Ronaldinho were both on: just forget it. Automatic win.
This is why I laughed when everyone was jumping on the Brazil bandwagon this year.

They're a shadow of the team they used to be - they used to have superstars all over the park (like above). Not anymore.

Advertisement
Power, speed, finesse, creativity, shot power, etc the guy had it all. Mbappe reminds me of him in a lot of ways, but the original Ronaldo was just so **** physical and two inches taller. In today's game, nobody scares defenders more than Mbappe with the ball and that was true of Ronaldo back then. Neither could be defended by one player.

Since we're taking the time machine back, Roberto Carlos is probably my favorite player of all time. If you're new to this, I'd suggest a YouTube foray into some of his videos. For pure fun Ronaldinho is a must and with Pele, some of the fastest feet you'll ever see.

Someone mentioned Messi vs Ronaldo. I'd put them at even, both such different players. People will say the WC win puts him on top, but the WC is so much more than just one player. If you were picking an all time team, they'd both be on it at different positions.
I mean they're literally TRYING to foul him here and even then couldn't stop him:

Advertisement

I'm not new. Don't worry.

This is why I laughed when everyone was jumping on the Brazil bandwagon this year.

They're a shadow of the team they used to be - they used to have superstars all over the park (like above). Not anymore.

Brazil was just missing a striker IMO. That and they got up the field when they didn't need to which cost them OT / shootout.

I will say about Neymar, he gets the hack a Shaq treatment most games. Guy is fouled left and right, hard as ****, with many going uncalled. He sort of brought that upon himself as he used to specialize in the dive, but it's gotten to the point where he can't even feel confident about being able to play his game.

I was fuming about Kane missing a penalty to send us home. I hope that's a career defining moment for the ****** and he goes on to crumble.

I couldn't give two ***** about this game.
The poacher has always been a major fraud.

Advertisement
This saddens me, especially as a die hard Bayern Munich fan. King and Upa showed out tonight.
It sucks but its good because too many people denied before these times that these type of things still existed. They would basically make it seem like people were crazy for thinking that this type of stuff still existed.

FkiAruSVUAAXgjM

:pgdead:

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back