Word is we’ll have a premier rb…

Advertisement
We need a cb and an another lb over rb . Maybe people need to rewatch the bowl game . Our lb was on skates and cbs was laughable
While I agree with you our LB play has been horrible. But to be fair that Rutgers RB had the Buckeyes LB's on skates and he averaged more YPC against them. That kid was no slouch.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Hoping it happens but not getting my hopes up
We are going to be very aggressive in pursuing a top notch RB and Martinez fits the description perfectly. I'm not saying we definitely get him but we will get a stud RB.

What's the name of the Marshall CB that we are supposedly interested in?

In no particular order, our shopping list is as follows......
RB(Starter)
CB(Experienced Starter or veteran depth)
Safety(Starter)
DT(Big War Daddy)
DE(Experienced Depth)
WR(Only if the right player is there)

Assuming the 91 # is accurate, we need to clear about 12 players if we want to bring in 6 transfers. Adjust the math accordingly.

Advertisement
Keep in mind they have whiffed on multiple guys over the years that they back channeled to hit the portal and were already "locked in" but not public yet.

Andre Sam is one but was a different reason because it would have tipped off tampering so they let him go to LSU without fighting for it. There have been multiple others at multiple positions including DL, WR, and DB only for them to not enter at all or enter and get an offer they liked better and end up elsewhere.

Hope they offer multiple guys and don't just take their word for it on this RB. You do all the leg work and make the offer that sounds perfect and then they enter and they have 45 schools making offers and 1 school is desperation makes an offer $100k above everyone else..
It’s my understanding there’s a player superior to Martinez who’s potentially hitting… that was a preferred path but this kid is good

It’s my understanding there’s a player superior to Martinez who’s potentially hitting… that was a preferred path but this kid is good
Jill Scott Yes GIF

Yep seems like Martinez was known he was going to enter but I was told sights were set on another

Probably a situation like what we heard with QB - they'll take the first one that wants in.

Advertisement

I think Martinez is legitimately one of the best backs in the country (for sure is top 2 underclassman RB), so I'm a little skeptical that we can do better. Was a bellcow RB as a sophomore averaging more than 6 yards per carry. I think he's the ideal Cristobal RB.

Malpractice? It has been stated here multiple the Top 3 (Brown, Porter, Richard) are set, they have a young CB (Stafford) they really like and plan to add another young CB with experience (Marshall kid?) in the Portal.

Priorities need to RB, LG, WR, 315+ DT, and S over CB

Ya I would think we have our LG by now

Advertisement
Henderson from Ohio St
I think he's one of the most talented guys in all of CFB.....quite possibly my favorite back. Injuries derailed him a bit but he has really good juice and balance. He started to return to his freshman form last season. I like the Hampton kid from UNC as well.

I'm not as big an Ollie Gordon fan as others, despite the stats.

I think he's one of the most talented guys in all of CFB.....quite possibly my favorite back. Injuries derailed him a bit but he has really good juice and balance. He started to return to his freshman form last season. I like the Hampton kid from UNC as well.

I'm not as big an Ollie Gordon fan as others, despite the stats.

I don't think he's superior to Martinez though.

Advertisement
Back