Word is fletcher is out for the season…

Advertisement
A simple question must be asked.

Are there any Nike/Jordan schools that are suffering so many chronic and lingering lower body injuries?

I know, I know, I will be accused of being a "Nike fanboy" and told that I am proposing an alternative that would cost UM as much as ONE or possibly TWO million dollars per year (chump change compared to Big 10 money).

But I have observed this situation for years. adidas has been fixated on making the "lightest" cleats possible, in both football and soccer. Which, of course, is FANTASTIC for soccer, where the players run MILES in the course of one match.

But I'm not so sure that the adidas sports engineering, at least for football, is anywhere near as good as it is for Nike. ****, with Michael Jordan alone, there are decades worth of stories about how Nike worked with him EVERY YEAR to incorporate changes into his shoe line based on MJ's experiences on the court. Then you go and read descriptions of various Jordan models and realize "hey, these are not the lightest/thinnest basketball shoes on the market, some of these models are quite heavy". Nike would study the way that Michael moved on the court, I recall that one model in particular was designed to address the way that lateral movement sometimes caused the uppers of the shoes to veer away from the soles of the shoes.

So, do with that information what you will. I will be..."curious"...to see if our injury situation improves...in a few years...
I don’t really follow other schools injury issues but are other Adidas schools also suffering from chronic and lingering lower body injuries?

Advertisement
A simple question must be asked.

Are there any Nike/Jordan schools that are suffering so many chronic and lingering lower body injuries?

I know, I know, I will be accused of being a "Nike fanboy" and told that I am proposing an alternative that would cost UM as much as ONE or possibly TWO million dollars per year (chump change compared to Big 10 money).

But I have observed this situation for years. adidas has been fixated on making the "lightest" cleats possible, in both football and soccer. Which, of course, is FANTASTIC for soccer, where the players run MILES in the course of one match.

But I'm not so sure that the adidas sports engineering, at least for football, is anywhere near as good as it is for Nike. ****, with Michael Jordan alone, there are decades worth of stories about how Nike worked with him EVERY YEAR to incorporate changes into his shoe line based on MJ's experiences on the court. Then you go and read descriptions of various Jordan models and realize "hey, these are not the lightest/thinnest basketball shoes on the market, some of these models are quite heavy". Nike would study the way that Michael moved on the court, I recall that one model in particular was designed to address the way that lateral movement sometimes caused the uppers of the shoes to veer away from the soles of the shoes.

So, do with that information what you will. I will be..."curious"...to see if our injury situation improves...in a few years...
Our top operative is on it now as we post…

kThB37UQ.gif

Advertisement
Remove Fletcher from the equation and show me the proven production?
Do the same exercise on DT and show it to me?

Yes all rooms need portal help but RB need a quality commodity and DT the same.
Oh I agree with you and its the same at CB and Safety

Advertisement
Absolute 100% god's honest truth.
Yet Donno being the absolute comedic gold that he is, answered a question from a fan about the possibility of a portal RB leading the team in rushing this season. To which Donno replied "Very slim chance since whoever we may get in the portal will never be as good as Mark Fletcher." LMAO

I was stunned. How can a guy with the connections he must have be so completely clueless? 🤔

Advertisement
Sure. Whatever you say.

Does UHealth make the protective equipment? Does adidas do surgery?

How about we blame the cause, not the response.
seems like every player has a shoulder brace on lol... I hope citizen and arroyo aren't wearing braces during games

Who was the last great Miami RB who hailed from Broward?
Dan Morgan, or more recently, Jon Beason. They probably could have gone a little harder after Giovani Bernard but they went with Eduardo Clements instead.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back