Wong trying to pull up on Ruiz

What an ignorant post. You are another overpaid airhead who can't stick to a topic, and you choose to make everything about yourself and your irrelevant personal experiences.

Brag to us more about your bloated salary and then convince us that it is even in the same realm as what Wong's NIL agent just did.

you were quite literally arguing against the value proposition of glassdoor in a sidebar debate with @CreativeCane about the merits of making ordinary workers' salaries public in the middle of a NIL thread but sure, I'm the airhead who can't keep on topic.

Advertisement
I can’t believe the number of people who’ve forgotten how good Wong was for us this year. He was fractions of a point from being a top 10 scorer in the ACC.

Those guys don’t just grow on trees.

FD9FCB55-8163-4DFA-83E1-CEE4D71A9D18.jpeg

you were quite literally arguing against the value proposition of glassdoor in a sidebar debate with @CreativeCane about the merits of making ordinary workers' salaries public in the middle of a NIL thread but sure, I'm the airhead who can't keep on topic.
don't forget your bloated salary bc you moved into a field that isn't a relic

Advertisement
I can’t believe the number of people who’ve forgotten how good Wong was for us this year. He was fractions of a point from being a top 10 scorer in the ACC.

Those guys don’t just grow on trees.

View attachment 184271
Guy is a good player and I was happy when he signed the NIL deal because it looked like he was returning. But this is just a bad move by his side. Going public means Ruiz can't give in because a) it would make him look like a pushover and set precedence, and b) appear that we're paying him for his enrollment, which would violate NIL policy. I really have no idea what they thought the end result would be here. A businessman like Ruiz isn't going to be bullied. If, as his agent is now saying, an ADDITIONAL NIL deal from another source would be fine, then why publicly say his current deal needs to be increased? No, you just made a fool out of yourself and realized you screwed your client and are trying to backtrack.

Exactly why he can't get more money and definitely why Ruiz now can't even entertain renegotiating. They've publicly made it "pay me more to keep me enrolled."

Privately they could have said it and publicly it would have been "he's taking on more media appearances now that he's coming back" or "he hit x number of followers on Twitter, that's why we're paying him more."

Impossible now.

Guy is a good player and I was happy when he signed the NIL deal because it looked like he was returning. But this is just a bad move by his side. Going public means Ruiz can't give in because a) it would make him look like a pushover and set precedence, and b) appear that we're paying him for his enrollment, which would violate NIL policy. I really have no idea what they thought the end result would be here. A businessman like Ruiz isn't going to be bullied. If, as his agent is now saying, an ADDITIONAL NIL deal from another source would be fine, then why publicly say his current deal needs to be increased? No, you just made a fool out of yourself and realized you screwed your client and are trying to backtrack.
Bingo!

Advertisement
Hopefully that kid from Chattanooga... Malachi or something
Would be sad to see for Wong—he has been a solid guy and I do think he got some really bad advice—but letting him go to the portal and then replacing him with someone like Malachi would send a giant message to these agents that this isn't how we do business.

Would be sad to see for Wong—he has been a solid guy and I do think he got some really bad advice—but letting him go to the portal and then replacing him with someone like Malachi would send a giant message to these agents that this isn't how we do business.
I feel bad for L bc I doubt he wanted this mess. Wong tested the draft waters last year and returned. he would've done the same this year but now its a mess and hes gone.

Advertisement
This hits the nail on the head. We all know it happens but to go public with it is just stupid, the agent hurt his client the most nobody is going take Wong. Hopefully Ruiz learns from this but I doubt it.

heitner also said its why the uF NIL program doesn't publicly state numbers given to athletes. they don't want to create a mess within the Locker room.

Oh we agree on the ultimatum, absolutely. And of course no one should go sign a deal and try to renegotiate to weeks later (unless there is a legit massive change to circumstances). We are in full agreement there. My statements were really unrelated to the Wong stuff, more your general statement on people not knowing each other's salaries.

Wong and his rep are completely foolish here. If he was doing this a year after signing an NIL deal, I'd have much less problem with it after the Elite 8 run. But the way it was done and the language used make him almost untouchable right now.

OK, fair enough. I've never criticized Wong for wanting/seeking more money, simply for the way in which he and/or his NIL agent are doing so PUBLICLY.

No I wasn't. I asked for an example of whether the poster has ever taken a job and then two weeks later demanded and received a raise based solely on a citation of Glassdoor data. I never "argued against the value proposition of GlassDoor", you logic-clown. I've used websites many times in salary negotiations, I just do my research IN ADVANCE. Not 2 weeks after I take the job.

That is why, regardless of salary, I will ALWAYS be worth more than you. Because I have reading comprehension and logic skills that you sorely lack.

You aren't smart, no matter what your mother told you.

But thanks for interrupting a conversation to brag about your salary.

Advertisement
heitner also said its why the uF NIL program doesn't publicly state numbers given to athletes. they don't want to create a mess within the Locker room.

Yes. Plus, they are SOOOOOOOO careful about not overpaying Portal guys who "aren't worth it"...keep up the good work, Gaytors...

Advertisement
Back