Wong trying to pull up on Ruiz

Advertisement
should we cut Ruiz loose for going public about pack? its free agency w no rules. Wong wasn't gonna be the only kid to demand more publicly. we've seen it with MIms when he nearly left UGA specifically looking for NIL money
Lol should we cut Ruiz loose? Uhh…. No. Certain folks with certain value can do certain things. Ruiz is in that category. Wong? Not so much.

Lol should we cut Ruiz loose? Uhh…. No. Certain folks with certain value can do certain things. Ruiz is in that category. Wong? Not so much.

Ruiz is a jock sniffer that im happy can write the checks bc it helps us land kids. Wong actually plays or did play for the team. if they all shut the **** up, it'd be better, but Ruiz loves his attention and Wongs agent used it against him to make it a public battle. Ruiz should've never fired back at ESPN. just let it be and move on but nope. now its a bit uglier.

should we cut Ruiz loose for going public about pack? its free agency w no rules. Wong wasn't gonna be the only kid to demand more publicly. we've seen it with MIms when he nearly left UGA specifically looking for NIL money
Who do you think is more important right now? Wong or Ruiz?

I also don’t think Mims publicly asked for more money. Maybe it was made clear in back channels, but the Wong thing going national is because he’s pretty much the first to make a threat. Have to let him walk.

Advertisement
Who do you think is more important right now? Wong or Ruiz?

I also don’t think Mims publicly asked for more money. Maybe it was made clear in back channels, but the Wong thing going national is because he’s pretty much the first to make a threat. Have to let him walk.

eh I value winning more. idc what it takes. pay Wong more money and bring him back w open arms. I want another elite 8 run. thats more important than ruizs bs to ESPN or wongs public bs

Imagine how Larranaga feels. What a stab in the back to him
Lol Coach L would not have got either of the 2 recent baller transfers w/o Ruiz. But im sure he think this new NIL world is f'ed up cuz in many ways (like this where Wong is essentially demanding pay for play) it is.

Ruiz didn't put out what Omier got, fyi
Omier’s situation is different because he can’t receive a normal NIL deal like Pack due to him being here on a F1 student visa. He’s not allowed to accept off campus employment in the US. The details of what they’re doing with him are a lot finer and have to follow regulations. You’ll probably never see the details of his put out there.

Taking this public was wrong on many levels. Horrible look for the U, what Ruiz has done for us, and for Wong himself. Wong, while i can understand being jealous of not getting $400K/year, should be grateful for what he got which I'm sure was still six figures. Want more? go earn it. But hey he's a college kid getting bad advice by his agent. Ruiz did the 100% right thing and said he doesnt renegotiate. Wong can walk.

Advertisement
Imagine how Larranaga feels. What a stab in the back to him
Bingo. How can you be a team player and have any bond with your team or coach when you're willing to abandon them because someone outside the program doesn't give you what you want? Outside of a very public statement of contrition by Wong rebuking his agent, there's no way I can see him staying without it being a problem.

Also, for people talking about Ruiz and being public. An 800k offer brings clicks and helps ROI. He needs to be able to post and make things public. 1. It makes it look more like true NIL 2. It helps his ROI
This. We dont like numbers being out there but the guy is a businessman building his LifeWallet brand. You dont have to like it but you should respect it

Ruiz is doing exactly what he is supposed to do--Look out for his brands that these kids are representing and use them to drive up clicks and impressions. To those saying he should shut up and give us money: NO HE SHOULDNT. Ruiz is making this all about the money and brand, which is what it should be. He is NOT paying them to play, and is teaching wong a lesson by trying to make it seem so. There will be a crackdown on collectives IMO, and Ruiz has all his cards in the open and is making a clear-cut case of what the intentions of his actions are. The man is a billionaire lawyer. He can read a statute. He knows what he's doing.

Advertisement
eh I value winning more. idc what it takes. pay Wong more money and bring him back w open arms. I want another elite 8 run. thats more important than ruizs bs to ESPN or wongs public bs
So Ruiz helping land big time transfers and recruits won’t help us win? Love or hate Ruiz, the guy is generating buzz for our program (all of them). You want his money but not what comes with it. You just want a traditional bagman.

He is actually doing exactly what NIL is intended for: paying athletes to market his company. It actually makes him more legit than the sham collectives. He also had to respond to set a precedent so others know it won’t fly. Wong’s camp made this a national story, so Ruiz had to counter nationally as well.

Even if he wanted to he can’t up it now because of he idiot agent openly saying he wants to be paid for performance, which is 100% a violation. If they did this back channels he may have got what he wanted. But instead he publicly threatened Ruiz and the school (which legally can’t say or do anything). This is on Wong.

Advertisement
Perhaps that would happen with some but I look at it the same way as having a job. I don’t go asking nor do I go disclosing what my salary is at my job or asking orders to divulge that info.

It’s no one’s business.
True, but locker rooms are typically closer knit than your average corporate employee.

Like all of you, I’m disappointed to see this. But if Wong and Pack really do have the same agent this amateur hour BS from the agent. This could have easily been handled… and likely solved…. Behind closed doors. But nope, had to take it to social media smh
My guess is he tried to handle is that way and wasn't getting any bites. That said, he is supposed to be the adult in the room and should know better that you don't throw a hissy fit if a negotiation is not going your way. Lay out the realistic options with the realistic facts to your client - go pro if you like the feedback, come back and accept your current deal, or hit the portal and gamble on your FMV. He tried to get the public to pressure Ruiz or something. Forgetting Wong, for the agent it was a pretty stupid career move.

After further review…f^ck Wong and his Agent for airing it out in public. Beta move, childish.

Advertisement
Back