Wong trying to pull up on Ruiz

Wongs agent is an absolute idiot. Wong is going to be left out to dry leaving Miami and making even less at his next stop. Dude went public to try and force ppl to up the bag for a client whose market value isn’t worth what he is probably asking.

Everyone wants more money but it’s a cold world out there and these kids unfortunately are going to learn the hard way when they have bad agents/representation.

Advertisement
Hey Wong

Dont Play Yourself I Love You GIF by Music Choice

Well you knew ESPN would pounce on this situation.

That said wong clearly over values himself, I get it we all want to be paid more but a little self awareness would be nice. Dude isn’t getting drafted, he got lucky in a down year of the ACC to get all conference and to do this after the fact with no leverage is a really bad look.

This is what is interesting about the rumored collective that UF is trying to do. At least, Ruiz can point to his businesses and the social media attention these deals generate for them. If a bunch of boosters just pool money together so X players comes to UF, how is that not construed as compensation in exchange for athletic performance or attendance.

That said the fact papas also represents pack is super sketch. I’d imagine he was supportive of Ruiz putting the 800k number out there thinking it would lead to more for Wong, it’s the same reason pro contracts are leaked all the time, the agents themselves to it to drive prices for their other clients. That said it’s a **** move and Wong is getting some bad advice. Also, I know plenty of have said it but Ruiz is not an agent and should probably stop putting the numbers on blast it’s just hurting his own pocket book.

Advertisement
Issues like this is what todays' coaches and schools will deal with. Personnel (the Portal), Contracts (NIL) and Bargaining are items coaches never had to deal with in the past. IMO All teams too will evaluate other teams players and NIL deals and simply offer an increased NIL deal for positions of need. Kind of a Free Agency situation.

Fvck Long Duck Wong, let him walk. You don't bite the hand that feeds you. More me than team, don't need that. Big John says NO! End of that story.
Good luck to him.

wondering how this works. Hearing Gators fatcats have formed a $5M pool to offer desirable portal people N.I.L. Can they confer privately with Wong and make a gentleman's agreement. Wong leaves, goes to portal, goes to Gainesville, signs an NIL there. Is he in violation of RUIZ contract? NCAA violation? oh the misery.
Yes they can do that

"Isaiah is under contract," Ruiz said in a text message to ESPN. "He has been treated by LifeWallet exceptionally well. If that is what he decides, I wish him well, however, I DO NOT renegotiate! I cannot disclose the amount, but what I can say is that he was treated very fairly."

Advertisement
Wong will test himself on the open market. If he can get a better deal elsewhere, then go for it.

I hope he doesn't leave for a slightly better deal but if he's too prideful to accept his place then "bye".

Maybe so, but players would likely find out from talking to one another anyway.
Perhaps that would happen with some but I look at it the same way as having a job. I don’t go asking nor do I go disclosing what my salary is at my job or asking orders to divulge that info.

It’s no one’s business.

Advertisement
Wongs agent is an absolute idiot. Wong is going to be left out to dry leaving Miami and making even less at his next stop. Dude went public to try and force ppl to up the bag for a client whose market value isn’t worth what he is probably asking.

Everyone wants more money but it’s a cold world out there and these kids unfortunately are going to learn the hard way when they have bad agents/representation.
wongs agent is the same as pack and miller.

this is the biggest issue I have w making all these deals so public. just do it in silence. it was bound to back fire at some point when everyone knows what you're paying kids to come here.

this agent set the market on high quality transfers with the 800k deal.

"Isaiah is under contract," Ruiz said in a text message to ESPN. "He has been treated by LifeWallet exceptionally well. If that is what he decides, I wish him well, however, I DO NOT renegotiate! I cannot disclose the amount, but what I can say is that he was treated very fairly."

so I don't get this - he discloses packs deal to the moon, but now wont say Wongs deal?

John needs to just be like.... Well I'm not paying Wong to attend the university. I am paying market value for the marketing efforts of m ly company. Wongs offer is what we believe his presence to be worth.

And be done with it. Move on. Stay out the media.

Advertisement
Fvck Long Duck Wong, let him walk. You don't bite the hand that feeds you. More me than team, don't need that. Big John says NO! End of that story.
Good luck to him.
big John isn't coaching the team nor is he a member of the team. L has to deal with this in the end. it hurts L and the program if we let Wong walk bc of some rich dude ran his mouth too much. just give John his box seats to all events and tell him to shut up and write checks. he can be pseudo celeb from within.

John needs to just be like.... Well I'm not paying Wong to attend the university. I am paying market value for the marketing efforts of m ly company. Wongs offer is what we believe his presence to be worth.

And be done with it. Move on. Stay out the media.

or he shouldn't have said **** to ESPN in response. he got himself in the middle of it, but my guess is he wanted to be in the middle of it. hes gotten articles written about him left and right and was loving the attention. if im L and Rad, I go to Ruiz and tell him that hes gotta get off social like a teenager bc there are consequences to the public nature he goes on about his deal.

Advertisement
Back