Wonder if KU will be calling Lashlee

MizCane

Senior
I would have to imagine he would field the call. KU is a dumpster but if you can get HC in a power 5 and make prob double the money. Would be tough to turn down. He will always land on his feet if it doesn’t work but unless he does something egregious as long as he can be competitive he’d be there forever.
I really hope it doesn’t happen bc I like what he is doing here but he would be a great choice for them IMO.

Advertisement
I would have to imagine he would field the call. KU is a dumpster but if you can get HC in a power 5 and make prob double the money. Would be tough to turn down. He will always land on his feet if it doesn’t work but unless he does something egregious as long as he can be competitive he’d be there forever.
I really hope it doesn’t happen bc I like what he is doing here but he would be a great choice for them IMO.
nahh

Shaking Head No GIF by GIPHY News

Yes, you are 100% correct.

Rhett wants to add his name to the pantheon of KU greats.

Les Miles...David Beaty...Charlie Weis....Turner Gill...Mark Mangino (the first coach to leave KU with a winning record since 1966, though his record was 50-48)...Terry Allen...Glen Mason...Bob Valesente...Mike Gottfried...Bud Moore...Don Fambrough...

Good lord, since 1971, only Gottfried (Pitt) and Mason (Minnesota) have managed to parlay KU into a better head coaching job (and both with losing records at KU)...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Yes it’s a dumpster but if you look at it from a money standpoint etc. if they offer 4 year guarantee of like 2.5M a year. You gonna turn that down? He will OC about anywhere he wants if for some reason he can’t field a .500 team by year 4.
A lot of leeway and if they got over .500 you’d be considered for a lot of power 5s openings going forward.

Advertisement
Back