Women's NCAA Tournament Thread- Sweet 16 vs Nova, Friday @ 2:30

Advertisement
Advertisement
We legit have like 30 turnovers in the last 2 qtrs
100%. Team looks sloppy in the 2nd half.

Some bad decision making in the 3rd and early 4th quarter. Also, Penande brings the ball down to her waist everytime on a rebound or when she gets a pass in the paint on offense. She needs to keep the ball high. I don't know if that's just being tired. Nova took the ball from her 3-4 times in the 2nd half alone. They obviously saw it on film, so other teams will as well. That should have been coach out of her.

Great effort down the stretch to get the win!!!

Theoretically, surviving an almost massive chokejob/ref screwjob and still winning like that might actually end up being a much better thing than if we just cruised in the 2nd half. Will give Rad something to take the ladies to task over and keep them from being complacent when he's coaching them up over the next few days. 😁

Advertisement
Get this #32 girl off the court. She started Nova's entire run when she missed the open lay up then gave it away twice.

She’s rusty, hasn’t played in awhile following injury.

Interesting. Thanks for that info. I was unaware.

I had never seen her play before. You know, given that Ive watched two chick hoops games in my entire life - The last two Lady Canes games. lol

I woulda guessed that she was a freshman who was pressed into service when Pendande (sp?) got into foul trouble.

Theoretically, surviving an almost massive chokejob/ref screwjob and still winning like that might actually end up being a much better thing than if we just cruised in the 2nd half. Will give Rad something to take the ladies to task over and keep them from being complacent when he's coaching them up over the next few days. 😁
Rad?

Different team with Harden and Pendande on the bench due to foul trouble early in the 3rd, that's how the refs impacted the game.

I'm not a "refs are on the take" type, but we played most of the 3rd Q with those two on the bench and Nova in the bonus, while Nova had 1 or 2 fouls the entire 3rd.

Whatever, Elite 8 baby!!!!

200.gif

Advertisement
Different team with Harden and Pendande on the bench due to foul trouble early in the 3rd, that's how the refs impacted the game.

I'm not a "refs are on the take" type, but we played most of the 3rd Q with those two on the bench and Nova in the bonus, while Nova had 1 or 2 fouls the entire 3rd.

200.gif

If they didn’t let them play to close out the last 2 minutes I was going to be calling Michael Irvin for a way out of a Phoenix Marriott situation….allegedly

Advertisement

200.gif
Really impacted Pendande's ability to rebound sitting on 3 fouls.

I have to admit the best scorer in the country never really got her groove and Katie had a plan for that so in the heat of the moment I got upset but we did have a plan. Just next time Katie call a timeout your girls needed to be calmed.
I'm the last person to in any position to question our coaching as I'm 10lbs heavier due to crow consumption but I was also thinking the same- that a TO probably would've been nice during that implosion of mental mistakes/pure sloppiness.

Then again, L just made a case for not calling one but this seemed to be a much higher level of ****ing the game away with the way we were collapsing there.

At the end of the day, scoreboard.

Advertisement
Back