With UK and Ole Miss, we've reached a new low

FullyERicht

Thunderdome
The nSECaa has become so autonomous that we have now experienced the impossible: historically terrible programs, on the levels of Duke, are now out recruiting powerhouse programs from other conferences.

The greatest influence for where kids play is how much they can get paid.

That UK and Ole Miss are beating us for kids is an absolute disgrace. And I dont mean on AGs part, theres nothing he can do.

If the boosters get behind a coach, and the team is allowed to break rules at will, they will recruit well. Facilities, wins, education, NONE of it matters. Mark Stoops isn't coming up with some pitch that hasn't been tried for a dozen years, yet suddenly he is out recruiting OSU in Ohio!

Our program can never come back as long as this type of garbage is allowed.

Advertisement
We're recruiting plenty good talent to win a ton of games in the ACC. And once we start winning, recruiting and attendance will improve. This thing is going in the right direction and theres nothing anybody not named the NCAA can do about it.

The nSECaa has become so autonomous that we have now experienced the impossible: historically terrible programs, on the levels of Duke, are now out recruiting powerhouse programs from other conferences.

That UK and Ole Miss are beating us for kids is an absolute disgrace. And I dont mean on AGs part, theres nothing he can do.

If the boosters get behind a coach, and the team is allowed to break rules at will, they will recruit well. Facilities, wins, education, NONE of it matters. Mark Stoops isn't coming up with some pitch that hasn't been tried for a dozen years, yet suddenly he is out recruiting OSU in Ohio!

Doesn't OSU have more resources than Kentucky?

The pendulum is on their side, eventually it will swing the other way and most of them will be on probation.

Doesn't OSU have more resources than Kentucky?

My sense is that the salary cap in the $EC is being taken to new heights these past couple of years.

Advertisement
New coaches always provide a spark and a promise. Also, keep in mind that UK has a ton of recruits already. They're approaching a full class last I saw. They'll slide down the poll as others fill up classes. They sprinted in a marathon.

New coaches always provide a spark and a promise. Also, keep in mind that UK has a ton of recruits already. They're approaching a full class last I saw. They'll slide down the poll as others fill up classes. They sprinted in a marathon.

They've had a million new coaches. Lots of school have new coaches all the time, and they don't clean up like this unless its at a power program.

Sorry if I don't believe Hugh Freeze and Mark Stoops are the greatest recruiters in the history of college football.

holy overreaction batman.

stoops is one of the better young coaches in the game and right now he's selling potential. when the season starts and they're 5-7 again, i doubt any of those recruits stick. plus, they are currently ranked high because they have 18 commits already which gives them the points edge in rankings. most schools aren't even close to having that amount, once they fill out their classes kentucky will fall back. using rivals rankings, only 5 of their 18 commits are 4-stars and their class is basically done. they'll have a top 25 class at the max, its june.

For those that don't know GoldenShowers...One of the top 5 worst posters on the site and he subscribes to Tinfoil Hat Weekly

If this is the case, then why play football? Then why do you care at all? If all the SEC teams are paying kids (true or not) they can't all be at the top of the conference, they can't all have success. They have to play 8 games in the conference, they can't all go 8-0. So let them bash each others heads in till oblivion. We can't fold the program because we're losing some local kids, we have to either find compliments or find better prospects. We must keep recruiting...we can't quit.

Here are some Gems from him...

The dream is dead. The BUC should be turned into a football training facility, and make this clown team travel to a local high school to play its games.

More embarrassment for this school. I can't remember so many consecutive years of national embarrassments.

I'm watching this joke of a basketball game. Greatest cane team in our history and they are pathetic. Ten years of trying desperately to be someone we aren't results in a huge wake up call.

Miami will never, EVER, be a Duke in basketball. And so while we have spent ten years trying to change our image into an academic BBall school, we have turned our backs on who we are.

This is a football school. And yet we spent 10 years pussifying our athletics programs, joining a BBall conference with **** football tv money, spending millions on a basketball stadium while our football facilities were a JOKE, and going cheap on coaching hires. For what? To get exposed as the most overrated team in the country come tourney time?

Miami has an identity, and it ain't anything like Wake or Duke. Stop running from it.

Advertisement
We have to revisit this in four years. If we still suck then we finished

And at least shuffle being positive and negative.....bring some substance bruh nd I think one day the whole SEC will get karma with thr biggest scandals in football kn thr near future it wil all come crashing down and burn. It will make us and psu look like children.

Last edited:
holy overreaction batman.

stoops is one of the better young coaches in the game and right now he's selling potential. when the season starts and they're 5-7 again, i doubt any of those recruits stick. plus, they are currently ranked high because they have 18 commits already which gives them the points edge in rankings. most schools aren't even close to having that amount, once they fill out their classes kentucky will fall back. using rivals rankings, only 5 of their 18 commits are 4-stars and their class is basically done. they'll have a top 25 class at the max, its june.

Mark Stoops one of the better coaches in the game?

I don't know about this, he probably is a good recruiter but has walked into an incredibly difficult job with ZERO HC experience. If he can get 4-4 in the SEC, I would call him a messiah.

Stoops has momentum from last season. Most of the recruits he has now are on the defensive side of the ball (11), which makes sense being the DC at FSuck and making them a top 2 defense last season.

Another terrible thread from one of the worst posters I've ever seen.

You are consistent anyway.

Advertisement
Wait til the season starts and games are played. Kentucky is going to get its @ss kicked in that SEC schedule and those kids will be looking around. Ole Miss, idk, they may still do right around what they did last season.

UK?

Ole Miss?

132.gif

I'm going to make a controversial statement. Good for Stoops. I liked him when he was here. He did a good job for us. I hope he builds a good enough team to upset some of the SEC teams that really do matter. That's good for us. Not buying Miss St. or Old Miss but the same as above. Let's think about us. We have the capacity to be great and I think we have the HC that can get it done.

Advertisement
All you have to tell a kid is that if he performs well against TAMU, AUBURN, BAMA, LSU, SCAR, UGA, UF, ARK, OLE MISS, MISS STATE and he'll be a First Round Pick. That's not a hard sell at all.

Advertisement
Back