With tagovailoa in the portal, here's his tape v. common opponents (Rutgers)

With t²'s little brother's possible transfer to Miami, thought a good reference and feeler for the type of player he is, or season he's had...., would be to see how he performed v. common opponents (same teams faced by the Canes), starting with the most recent (to make it less unrepresentative than perhaps his older tape). I looked up Rutgers (even though it's a bowl game), who shares the same conference with Maryland (B10), and I came across the following highlights (I know it's highlight, but tagovailoa seemed poised, looks promising... enjoy, I hope):

Advertisement
Advertisement
When I saw a jersey with Cristobal on the back and not Lee, 11 behind C, 22 on the shelf, and young safeties in the defensive backfield, I realized it was a possibility. Still couldn’t believe it tho.
Our starting safeties were 5th year seniors.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Minus our two starting safeties and Taylor at dt; against a run heavy team. Plus we were thinner at de with Harvey goi g to the portal. As I said we still should’ve won but still need to point out we were missing some key pieces.
If 4 players are all that separate us from Rutgers what did we hire an elite recruiter for?

Minus our two starting safeties and Taylor at dt; against a run heavy team. Plus we were thinner at de with Harvey goi g to the portal. As I said we still should’ve won but still need to point out we were missing some key pieces.
You forgot the biggest one, our QB. Our starter hadn’t played all year and was erratic at best. Tough to win like that.

Advertisement
Back