With tagovailoa in the portal, here's his tape v. common opponents (Rutgers)

That's not horrible considering we don't have an OH State, Mich or Penn state type on our schedule. I feel TVD would throw more pics in those matchups and Emory would pass for half as many yards.
Right, and we won’t be as far behind talent wise, against anyone on our schedule as UMaryland is against those 3 teams.

Advertisement
Tualia vs Ohio St, Mich, and Penn State

2023: 729 yards 3 TDs 5 INT

2022: 574 yards 3 TDs 2 INT
Yeah, the disparity in talent between Rutgers v. Mich (in championship game), Penn state (#1 defense--see Manny) and slowhio state may account for some of that... And anticipating a leap from what I said (not that you would, maybe someone else), to account for the overall team's influence on the passing game (blocking, play calling, route running, chemistry and communication,, speed, etc.), doesn't strip away all or really any of tag's involvement. Just saying that some of the broader context shouldn't be ignored either...

Yeah, the disparity in talent between Rutgers v. Mich (in championship game), Penn state (#1 defense--see Manny) and slowhio state may account for some of that... And anticipating a leap from what I said (not that you would, maybe someone else), to account for the overall team's influence on the passing game (blocking, play calling, route running, chemistry and communication,, speed, etc.), doesn't strip away all or really any of tag's involvement. Just saying that some of the broader context shouldn't be ignored either...
Context is very important but with ppl just running around posting his overall passing yards or his place in B1G history, I wanted to post how he faired against the top competition in that conference

Advertisement
Advertisement
Cane were an average team missing it's best players and on it's 3rd QB... Not sure what you would expect when Rutgers was running full strength, it was a mid-off at that point
We still had 4 star athletes all over the field. Rutgers had 2 and 3 stars. We still should have been able to beat them. I'd argue that their qb was worse than jacurri

Bored Married With Children GIF

Advertisement
we Will expect you to adhere to that strategy on all CIS comments going forward or accuse you of blatant hypocrisy and intellectual inconsistency
You bet. Tho the your definiition of “viable” might be different than mine. Any player currently ineligible to play and praying for the NCAA to grant an extension of eligibility isn’t worthy of my attention until shown otherwise.

Advertisement
-
You bet. Tho the your definiition of “viable” might be different than mine. Any player currently ineligible to play and praying for the NCAA to grant an extension of eligibility isn’t worthy of my attention until shown otherwise.
-
But it's worthy of you publicly denouncing it as being undeserving of your attention? Lol no worries.
Back to the point, perhaps the player entering the transfer portal itself presupposes something other than eligibility uncertainty... Perhaps there's a difference between the likelihood that he'll ever play college ball again, his confidence in the same - inferred from his entry into the portal, and your personal threshold for what interests you based on your understanding of his situation (I know it's kind of a wild assumption on my part, but maybe that player knows something about his eligibility that we don't... and perhaps his portal entry is indicative of that...

Advertisement
Back