With OL issues I never see comments about....

Fair enough. If that's your only complaint, I'd say it's a bit premature to be upset though. I, too, believe in the Blue Chip Ratio, and it raises an eyebrow to see a class that is not at least 40-50% 4/5*. That said, not all three stars are created equal.

Our class right now, per the class breakdown on this site breaks down thusly (as of 7/4):
21 players
5* - 1 (Don Chaney)
4* - 6
3* - 13

That does not include

So, it's just 33% blue chippers. Of those 3*, several are already listed as 4* on one of the sites.

I'm not complaining about Restrepo, short white receivers tend to get underrated, but we pretty much all want him in this class.

Romello Height is likely to get a 4th *.

Elijah Roberts is probably rated fairly, but he projects better at DT than he does at end.

So, yes, the ratio is not where we want to be right now, but I choose to look at it as the staff putting in work and accepting commitments from guys who they feel can be or project to be Miami caliber players, while still continuing to recruit every position and chase after the big fish all the way to the finish line. I think anyone that doesn't expect at least 3-5 decommitments from this current class, just hasn't been paying attention. At the end of the day, I'm hoping for 11-1 or 10-2, a good showing in the ACCCG, and we add some 7-8 commits to the class, with 75-80% being blue chippers, and probably drop a couple of the lower end guys on our board.

We've got to win, but the plan that I see this staff executing seems to me to be smart, aggressive, tireless, and confident in their own abilities to execute. You can't evaluate a class that won't be complete until December and February in July.

I wouldn't mind if he had a history of good recruiting, but last years transition class was bad and he was a terrible recruiter as a DC here, at Texas, and at MSU.

He also doesn't seem to care all that much since no one on his side of the ball ever got better at recruiting.

Advertisement
A good leader hires people who can cover his weaknesses. We'll know a lot more next February whether Manny's done that well enough.

If Manny can get the offense to play like the defense.he will have no problem getting good 4*&5* recruits here.Diaz doesn't have the bag money to get the super 5* chip recruit.but hopefully he can be a good talent evaluator and developer like jj and butch are.if Diaz is we will have in a couple years another squad like the 2001 team.question is are the fans going to be patient enough to allow Diaz to get there if team doesn't win like you expect it to.

I was one of the earliest to call out Richt. I didn't like the hire from the start. There is a big difference between being a fan and pumping sunshine.

I said southern version of Wisconsin as in constantly win their division year after year, but lose the conference title game.

I was a fan of Miami before I even went to the school. I will root for them no matter how bad we get. Does Boise have no fans because they have no shot of ever winning an NC?

Once again your analogies make absolutely no sense and are completely off the wall. Why a sane person would try to compare a program that won 5 national championships in less than 20 yrs to a program that plays in a group of 5 conference is beside me. The expectations @ MIA are vastly different compared to Boise St. Do you think any REAL fans of programs like Bama, OSU, ND, Mich, USC, etc would ever accept the notion that their team will never win a championship?? Of course not. It's hypocritical to say that you're a fan of a team, when you don't actually believe they can win a championship. Hidden behind the guise of objectivity lies a person who is unwilling to take a position out of fear that their credibility on this forum will become compromised. That doesn't make you a REAL fan. It makes you a coward. Also..Manny at UT helped recruit top 5 classes each yr, and his 2015 class at Miss. St was top 20. Furthermore MIA is one of the few programs that can recruit itself. All you need is coaches that know how to properly evaluate & develop talent. That is all

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind if he had a history of good recruiting, but last years transition class was bad and he was a terrible recruiter as a DC here, at Texas, and at MSU.

He also doesn't seem to care all that much since no one on his side of the ball ever got better at recruiting.
You don't give Manny a pass over the transition class? Not sure it's really fair to ding him for a class he had a month under his full watch. Hopefully he finds a way of recruiting as a HC that gets better results then what he did as a DC.

Advertisement
Ousman Traore, his highlights show him pancaking those he blocks. Big man, nice size.

It’s funny, I came to the site today to check out if I missed any recent talk on him since you never hear
of him on any mock depth chart projections. Lance R did a big write up on him that I read for a minute. Put him as a low 3* if he had to grade him and assumed he was an insurance policy that’s here for depth that needs some coaching to fix some tendencies.

I don’t know how you can possibly hold against him a class that he had like 30 days to put together, WITH an early signing period, coming off a 7-6 Hindenburg level season. No credit given for his use of the transfer portal either.

We’ve discussed prior recruiting issues ad nauseum. We all know that a good number of the elite defensive players we’ve missed on were bought and paid for. We also haven’t had a season without a three game losing streak in how long? That said, it’s not like he hasn’t brought in talent.

At the end of the day, recruiting is important, but I could give two ****s about class rankings. You may see only a poor recruiter, I see a coach who took the same players who were 90th in D one season and had them top 5 three years later. If he can do that for the whole program, and put a good product on the field, the players we need will come.

Yes, we need elite talent. That isn’t achieved just by being buddy-buddy with teenagers. Winning is proof of concept. So is putting players in the first three rounds. Do these things, the elite players will come.

Clemson has recruited just above the ratio for a decade. We’ve got a lot of catching up to do, but it’s incremental and sustained, not a quantum leap.

You are truly unbelievable. My man hasn't even coached a game yet, and here you are accusing fans of pumping sunshine! Lol. I was more of a vocal critic of the pastor than you ever were even in your dreams but even I understand being critical of Manny at this stage in his tenure is insane. After this offseason there's no reason for any of the retards in the fanbase to temper their excitement or not be optimistic about the future. I realize because of the past 15+ yrs many of the fans suffer from battered woman syndrome, but this is a new era, and what transpired in the past is not a good predictor of future events. I'm confused about why you think MIA will turn into the southern version of Wisconsin if you're also predicting Manny's recruiting classes will improve yr after yr? Also if you think southern version of Wisconsin is the ceiling for Manny and this program, why are you even a fan at this pt?? Do you feel obligated to just because you're an alum? How can anyone be considered a true fan if they believe their team's chances of winning a championship are hopeless? What are they even doing on this forum except spreading toxic & negative energy? Don't they have anything better to do than to accuse others of pumping sunshine?
I didn't need my reading glasses here.

Once again your analogies make absolutely no sense and are completely off the wall. Why a sane person would try to compare a program that won 5 national championships in less than 20 yrs to a program that plays in a group of 5 conference is beside me. The expectations @ MIA are vastly different compared to Boise St. Do you think any REAL fans of programs like Bama, OSU, ND, Mich, USC, etc would ever accept the notion that there team will never win a championship?? Of course not. It's hypocritical to say that you're a fan of a team, when you don't actually believe they can win a championship. Hidden behind the guise of objectivity lies a person who is unwilling to take a position out of fear that their credibility on this forum will become compromised. That doesn't make you a REAL fan. It makes you a coward. Also..Manny at UT helped recruit top 5 classes each yr, and his 2015 class at Miss. St was top 20. Furthermore MIA is one of the few programs that can recruit itself. All you need is coaches that know how to properly evaluate & develop talent. That is all

USC has accepted, under their current head coach, they are not winning an NC. It's not hypocritical at all. Maybe you should look up the definition of a fan. Thinking we are going to win isn't part of it. I have taken a position. I can't say my real position because I will be Band for "being a gaytor troll". Manny was the primary recruiter on only one 4 star on that MSU class and he was a co-recruiter. He was the primary recruiter for ONE 4 star Texas player.

Advertisement
I don’t know how you can possibly hold against him a class that he had like 30 days to put together, WITH an early signing period, coming off a 7-6 Hindenburg level season. No credit given for his use of the transfer portal either.

We’ve discussed prior recruiting issues ad nauseum. We all know that a good number of the elite defensive players we’ve missed on were bought and paid for. We also haven’t had a season without a three game losing streak in how long? That said, it’s not like he hasn’t brought in talent.

At the end of the day, recruiting is important, but I could give two ****s about class rankings. You may see only a poor recruiter, I see a coach who took the same players who were 90th in D one season and had them top 5 three years later. If he can do that for the whole program, and put a good product on the field, the players we need will come.

Yes, we need elite talent. That isn’t achieved just by being buddy-buddy with teenagers. Winning is proof of concept. So is putting players in the first three rounds. Do these things, the elite players will come.

Clemson has recruited just above the ratio for a decade. We’ve got a lot of catching up to do, but it’s incremental and sustained, not a quantum leap.

Top 5 because we played atrocious offenses game after game. Last year we played 0 good offenses. He also did that with a bunch of 4 stars and even a 5 star each year. Not with a bunch of 3 stars.

Or having the tight ends helping block the edge rushers if need be but none of those guys uf have are like Brian Burns and Jordan has shown he can do that.

Advertisement
Back