With King and Silvera moving on, who will wear jersey number 1?

#10 is retired. Was worn by George Mira. F- on your history lesson, give me a lap.

Sh*t we won't have any numbers pretty soon. But I'm running...

run discover GIF

Advertisement
What's been the most iconic number in canes history? Have always thought it would be cool do to what LSU football with the number 7 and 18 jersey. Syracuse Lacrosse also does it with number 22. Having a prestigious and meaning jersey could help players stay motivated and restore the great history of our program.
I nominate 47, 20, 5, 98

Nobody wore 1 on either side in the spring game.

Is there some tradition here on who can take it?

1 is always one of the first numbers chosen. I find it hard to believe no one on the team would choose it. Made me think Mario had some kind of rule about the number 1.
Probably multiple people who want it including incoming freshman and he’s going to make someone earn it… **** seniority.

Advertisement
Did Silvera leave on his own or asked to move on? Will miss his performance against FSPoo..always brought his A game against that pathetic school.

Advertisement
Melo get 1 on offense

Tae or james get it if they want

Kam get 5 on defense

What's been the most iconic number in canes history? Have always thought it would be cool do to what LSU football with the number 7 and 18 jersey. Syracuse Lacrosse also does it with number 22. Having a prestigious and meaning jersey could help players stay motivated and restore the great history of our program.
26. Unfortunately tarnished by Gurvan Hall.

Advertisement
26. Unfortunately tarnished by Gurvan Hall.
In that case… what Bernie and Ed have meant to this program, the team should be mindful who puts on #20 moving forward. That’s not to rag on anyone since Ed but I’m jus sayin.

And that’s from a playing on a high level and being ambassadors of the program like they are.

Advertisement
Not a huge fan of retired numbers, especially when we could make arguments for another half-dozen of more.

I do like reserving numbers at certain positions, for players that earn them.

Bro, I’ve been saying the same chit. Although, just b/c of his on field accomplishments both here at Miami & The NFL along w/ his life being cut way too short, I do think #26 should be retired.

I mean literally there’s 100 #’s to choose from; I just feel that’s one # that should be hung up.

Advertisement
Back