With King and Silvera moving on, who will wear jersey number 1?

Bro, I’ve been saying the same chit. Although, just b/c of his on field accomplishments both here at Miami & The NFL along w/ his life being cut way too short, I do think #26 should be retired.

I mean literally there’s 100 #’s to choose from; I just feel that’s one # that should be hung up.
26, I’d agree on retiring the number.
20, I’d also retire, since we have Bernie QB-ing the Canes to our first NC and Ed Reed as a 2X AA, NC, 1st round pick, SB champ, and 1st ballot HOF GOAT.
44, maybe, since Morgan won every possible award his senior season and was a four-year starter (or **** close).

But do kids seriously care about jersey numbers any more?

Advertisement
26, I’d agree on retiring the number.
20, I’d also retire, since we have Bernie QB-ing the Canes to our first NC and Ed Reed as a 2X AA, NC, 1st round pick, SB champ, and 1st ballot HOF GOAT.
44, maybe, since Morgan won every possible award his senior season and was a four-year starter (or **** close).

But do kids seriously care about jersey numbers any more?
Kids ABSOLUTELY care about their numbers. Probably 20% have theirs tattooed on themselves. Huge during recruiting too. If their number is taken already and won’t be available… Also, lower and single digit numbers have the greatest value. There’s a minimal chance that the number one might be involved in a three way trade fwiw I don’t think it’s going to happen, but it might. Seniority usuals gets first shot, unless the number was promised to a kid during recruiting.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back