With attitude like this__

Not mentioning the name as the young man may not want the attention.
Was at the grocery store checkout line as I was missing a few items for tonight’s dinner. In front of me was one of our players, he looked at me and ask “Is that all you are getting”. I laughed and said yes, he responded with “may I buy it for you”.
I said no as I am well off. We spoke a little bit and as he was leaving he said “ have a good day sir”.
Am a fairly old guy who is often *****ing about today’s kids, close to being that guy who yells out “get off my lawn”.
Don’t know if he was doing his good deed of the day or if he is simply an outstanding guy or both but he made me so dammed proud to be a UM fan.
With his attitude this young man will be a success in whatever life brings him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I honestly believe there are more of these “types” of kids than the others. We just don’t hear enough about them because they’re not “newsworthy” or attention whores.
If it bleeds it leads.
We’re being constantly fed the literal sht of the world in the news and it’s making people more cynical and selfish.
Tons of people of all ages creeds and religions trying to make the world better.
Still Proud that it was one of our players.

Advertisement
Advertisement
That was incredibly nice of John Ruiz
That wasn't Ruiz, it was me.....
04DFE94C-B0AA-43EF-A00E-090F354AB314.gif

Advertisement
If it bleeds it leads.
We’re being constantly fed the literal sht of the world in the news and it’s making people more cynical and selfish.
Tons of people of all ages creeds and religions trying to make the world better.
Still Proud that it was one of our players.
You are correct sir.... It's one of the main reasons I stay as limited as possible as far as social media goes....
It's amazing the world you actually see and experience when you're out and about doing your daily things as opposed to the world being fed to people sitting on their couch or buried in their phone( or tablet or whatever)...

Advertisement
Back