With attitude like this__

I honestly believe there are more of these “types” of kids than the others. We just don’t hear enough about them because they’re not “newsworthy” or attention whores.

If it bleeds it leads.
We’re being constantly fed the literal sht of the world in the news and it’s making people more cynical and selfish.
Tons of people of all ages creeds and religions trying to make the world better.
Still Proud that it was one of our players.
Good news doesn't draw ratings. People apparently like being angry and afraid because that's what gets reported 24/7. I miss the days when reporting news wasn't "profit first, truth second".

Advertisement
So...who was the player? No shame in outing good deeds (or bad)_.
Reveal the name and the conversation goes from what a great young man to what a jerk, he did not pay for my lunch - groceries etc.
Told him I recognized the face but did not remember his name, he did not volunteer it so it seems as if he was not looking for recognition.
As I was walking out of the store I recalled the name.

Reveal the name and the conversation goes from what a great young man to what a jerk, he did not pay for my lunch - groceries etc.
Told him I recognized the face but did not remember his name, he did not volunteer it so it seems as if he was not looking for recognition.
As I was walking out of the store I recalled the name.

That's a stretch but I hear you

Advertisement
I get why "today's kids" are an easy target to ***** about but if we're being honest there are PLENTY of generations in front of them that have a much higher quotient of ****bags in them and have done wayyyyy more damage to society, this country and the world.

That said, it's best to not paint with broad brushes and to judge people individually.

Except Boomers. F*ck them!

Advertisement
Good news doesn't draw ratings. People apparently like being angry and afraid because that's what gets reported 24/7. I miss the days when reporting news wasn't "profit first, truth second".
I’ve found pre paid/ad free news services to be significantly better. When the news makes money based on clicks it’s just a race to the bottom.

I get why "today's kids" are an easy target to ***** about but if we're being honest there are PLENTY of generations in front of them that have a much higher quotient of ****bags in them and have done wayyyyy more damage to society, this country and the world.

That said, it's best to not paint with broad brushes and to judge people individually.

And Millenials. I had to watch a video about how to work with Millenials. Hopefully they had to watch a video about how to work with me. It would be short. Shut up and stay out of the way.

It's like this with cops, teachers, priests, and a whole lot of other things. The bad ones get amplified and it's a disservice to the vast majority of good ones. This is why painting any group with a broad brush is just plain wrong.
The exceptions being the Gators, Buckeyes, and the Fighting Convicts… ¿No?

Advertisement

Yep - every generation complains about the ones after them.

Seeds of a Championship culture.

You don’t choose when you want to be a champion. You have to be it 24/7, in the classroom, with your family, on the field, with your teammates, and in your community.

It sounds cliche, but look at the patriots.

Squared away dudes round the clock

You are correct sir.... It's one of the main reasons I stay as limited as possible as far as social media goes....
It's amazing the world you actually see and experience when you're out and about doing your daily things as opposed to the world being fed to people sitting on their couch or buried in their phone( or tablet or whatever)...
Says a man on an internet message board with 2,200 posts.

Advertisement

There’s been good and bad in all generations dating back decades. The biggest difference in today’s culture is obviously the various forms media. I completely agree to not paint with a broad brush.

I’m a boomer so f**k you too! LOL

And Millenials. I had to watch a video about how to work with Millenials. Hopefully they had to watch a video about how to work with me. It would be short. Shut up and stay out of the way.
That cracks me up. There was a big push a few years ago to “understand” the millennials in the workforce — my company included. I’m a millennial and was 36 at the time. I think they meant younger millennials and gen z.

Advertisement
Back