Wish all our recruits/players thought like this guy

Pizzle

Freshman
Recently asked what he thought about his touches going down this year due to growing competition in the 49er's backfield Frank Gore responded with.

"I'm still here, so why not?" Gore said when asked if he wanted to continue getting a big amount of offensive work according to Comcast Sportsnet. "I'm from Miami. I've been competing ever since I left high school. I've been with top guys who've been in the league. I'm up for it. One day, they’re going to get this role. But I'm here, and I'm going to make it a challenge. ... I'm just going to try to be the Frank Gore I've always been."

Advertisement
greatest running back I ever saw in person (before the knee injuries). Had the pleasure of being on the same team football team as that guy & Vilma (Gables '02)

Advertisement
Guy has no knees and is arguably a hall of famer, especially the way he has been expertly handled the last couple years. Hope like **** he sticks around the university when his playing days are over. Got a feeling he will.

Gore is a beast. always have been. he is just a hard worker and wants to win. when San Fran gave him the ball they won but when they wanted Kapernick to be Tom Brady they lost. they better not do him wrong in San Fran he has been all they had for years.

Gore is a beast. always have been. he is just a hard worker and wants to win. when San Fran gave him the ball they won but when they wanted Kapernick to be Tom Brady they lost. they better not do him wrong in San Fran he has been all they had for years.

How would they do him wrong? I'm only asking because since Harbaugh arrived he probably has extended Gores career 3 years at least. They've definitely taken care of his career

Advertisement

How would they do him wrong? I'm only asking because since Harbaugh arrived he probably has extended Gores career 3 years at least. They've definitely taken care of his career
He probably means that his contract is ending this year. And if Hyde or Lattimore really step up in their backup roles this year I don't see Frank Gore staying a 49er. I'm suprised Lamichael James hasn't been traded yet though.

Amazing to have HOF career AFTER so many knee injuries. He is poster boy for giving kid a chance at THE U even when the grades are not exactly great. Said it all when he said "I'm from Miami"

Advertisement
Yearby is the second coming but lighter and a little quicker. What a special back he is and I hope Yearby can be similar.

Those videos of Frank Gore are fantastic.

That being said, one of the saddest things I've ever seen on a football field is a fat Frank Gore going 3/4 speed most of the season.

Advertisement
Yearby is the second coming but lighter and a little quicker. What a special back he is and I hope Yearby can be similar.

Gore has natural balance that most can't match. He's also been blessed with a big lower body. Even as a Freshman, he looked like a guy who had been in the program for a couple of years in regards to his lower body build.

Yearby has a slender lower body, which will hinder his productivity at the collegiate level. I think he'll be a very good player at Miami, but he'll need to develop physically.

These Miami/South Florida kids stay home, sprinkle in a few out of state kids and nobody could beat them. They don't have to leave their home to win national championships.

Advertisement
Back