Wisconsin Linemen

Cincycane

Redshirt Freshman
We need a coach that can recruit that region for linemen. Wisconsin fields good linemen every year and we can get one. You can say its coaching but I also has something to do with player I.Q because when I watch the game it's about the line. We have a problem with anointing linemen as if they are good when in fact they make the same mistakes as the others.

Advertisement
Right now Wisconsin can inflict there will on any team in the country including Buckeyes and Bama , they are like road graders up front slowly pounding one play after the another even when they break a long run nothing changes pure mauling.
Next time they play look at there eyes , watch them huddle up every move they make each one knows every thought these dudes never leave each others side during practice , training table , weight room and coaches keep them close in the dorms even away from school best friends in every way.
They know they can not be beaten they refuse to allow it, it's not in there thought process , they refuse to let there brother fail.
Repetition in line play even after practice critiquing each other on there own time never letting each other out of there sight.

Could be they best o-line in 20 years were seeing.

They are the best team in the country and there D is jealous and dangerous as well.

Can't wait till they play OS.

GOCANES

We need a coach that can recruit that region for linemen. Wisconsin fields good linemen every year and we can get one. You can say its coaching but I also has something to do with player I.Q because when I watch the game it's about the line. We have a problem with anointing linemen as if they are good when in fact they make the same mistakes as the others.

Those cheese eating cow tipping farm boys are not leaving the midwest for the big city of Miami. To much culture shock.

Go Canes

Our biggest issue by far at OL has been poor evaluation. Save Zion Nelson, we’ve recruited nothing but Guards at OL since Erick Flowers. And, the guards we’ve recruited have tended to be unathletic slobs.

I like what Barry is doing at OT right now. He is finally recruiting guys who look like legit OTs.

Advertisement
It is very difficult to recruit linemen from the Midwest because the good ones go to Midwest schools. Miami is not a cultural fit for them.

Obviously I would love to have Wisconsin’s OL but it’s not realistic. We should focus on city kids.

And South Florida OL haven’t been our issue. Those are the guys that usually play well for us. We have four South Florida OL from UM starting in the NFL right now. The OL from outside the region have been the busts.

If anything, we need to do a better job recruiting locally. LSU is taking two from down here this season, and the best one is leaning to Florida. There are at least two five-star type OL coming through the pipeline with Tate and Armella. Need to keep them home and develop them.

It is very difficult to recruit linemen from the Midwest because the good ones go to Midwest schools. Miami is not a cultural fit for them.

Obviously I would love to have Wisconsin’s OL but it’s not realistic. We should focus on city kids.

And South Florida OL haven’t been our issue. Those are the guys that usually play well for us. We have four South Florida OL from UM starting in the NFL right now. The OL from outside the region have been the busts.

If anything, we need to do a better job recruiting locally. LSU is taking two from down here this season, and the best one is leaning to Florida. There are at least two five-star type OL coming through the pipeline with Tate and Armella. Need to keep them home and develop them.
Also most of Wisconsin OL are upperclassmen. They recruit them and sit them for 2 to 3 years, so they are starting 21 to 22 year old developed linemen. We constantly keep starting 18 year old kids who are not developed and feel that they can leave at 21 to make it in the league. I have not seen a Wisky lineman who hasn't made it to the league who was not physically and mentally ready to play. We gotta keep them home and develop depth to not put the pressure on them so early.

They are getting good coaching over there... We arent...They dont have softmore kids running away from competition due to entitlement... we do... Not many of their players on their O-line are high recruits, they just know how to coach em up and utilize them. Its embarrassing year after year the performance of our O-linemen

Advertisement
You don't have to go far for OL we have them along with South Georgia... But that's FSWHO territory.

1. I Believe Butch Barry knows what he is doing, will get them playing better, but would like him to try Scaife at Left and Zion at Right to see how it works out.

2. It's not just the state of Wisconsin, other places like Nebraska, Iowa, Michigan and Ohio produce a lot of OLINE Talent as well

3. It also has a lot to do with the HS in those states, I believe they have better Oline Coaching and they take Weight Training at the HS level much more serious. Public High School Weight Training programs in Miami-Dade and Broward Counties are not the same as they were 20 -30 years ago. Kids do not take it as serious.

Also Jarren Williams is playing to slow, point blank. He needs to speed up his Action and especially from under center. Needs to play with a sense of urgency.

Anyone they offer we need to offer. Plain and simple. OR we just hire their OL coach and pay him a lot. When was the last time we had any consistent pulse on the OL? One year we are decent then the next two we are terrible. Consistent pattern.

Advertisement
If we just stuck with really recruiting SoFla lineman we would be fine. Sprinkle in a kid from Georgia

Keeping elites home? Lol good luck with that. Although I agree with your post

Good lineman do not come from the Midwest. They are not inherently better in Wisconsin. They are just better-coached.

Our guys picked up a lot of really bad habits during Searels' tenure. It remains to be seen whether Barry is the guy to coach them up, but it won't happen overnight. We'll know more as the season progresses.

But simply saying "hey, let's recruit guys from there!" in order to address the problem is the wrong look. Wisconsin is not recruiting at a better clip along the OL then UM; they're just coaching the guys up better.

Advertisement
What makes you think a kid from Wisconsin wants to come to Miami? This lifestyle isn’t for everyone.

Also the big thing that everyone is ignoring is age. Wisconsin never starts freshmen **** they rarely start sophomores. Those schools pretty much always have juniors or seniors on the line.

while we had a redshirt frosh transfer

Annnnnnnnd Tate just committed to Clemson. smh

Advertisement
Back