Winston Moss for DC

ATLCaneLifer

Recruit
Winston Moss would be the perfect hire. He knows the Miami culture of the 80s and has the fire about him. You saw his comments about Rodgers the other week. He will hold everyone accountable. The dude knows the NFL game and its a plus that he can coach linebackers since the team just lost one of their linebackers coach.

Advertisement
Winston Moss from the Ridge was a loud mouth, trash talking, SOB from the 80's. Guy is a bad *** but he will not be leaving the NFL in my opinion.

He’s been a “must call” for me since the minute this story on Diaz broke. He’s overqualified but maybe he wants this kind of change in his life.

My first call would be to Raymond at LSU. A dynamic recruiter and real up and coming name in coaching.

Im down with Moss. He would be a serious upgrade. Never been a DC but has never failed to impress wherever he's been or done

Advertisement
He’s been a “must call” for me since the minute this story on Diaz broke. He’s overqualified but maybe he wants this kind of change in his life.

My first call would be to Raymond at LSU. A dynamic recruiter and real up and coming name in coaching.
Agree. The only problem would be the bidding war that would ensue with LSU. Another thing, Raymond coaches DB's so where does that leave Rumph? Does Rumph move over to safeties coach or get fired as a casualty. Personally, I hope Rumph stays, he's a really good coach and his players develop under his tutelage.

How can a guy who has never been a D.C.at any level and only coached LB in the NFL be overqualified to be the D.C. at Miami?

Not necessarily you but it baffles me how a lot of posters on here bash Richt for hiring green assistant coaches like Banda/Patike/Thomas Brown and are clamoring for guys who have never been a D.C before.

Advertisement
How can a guy who has never been a D.C.at any level and only coached LB in the NFL be overqualified to be the D.C. at Miami?

Not necessarily you but it baffles me how a lot of posters on here bash Richt for hiring green assistant coaches like Banda/Patike/Thomas Brown and are clamoring for guys who have never been a D.C before.

He was LB and associate head coach at Green Bay under a great offensive mind in Mike McCarthy. He’s been coaching at the NFL level for s decade and played 10 years in the league. Pretty sure he has the mind to properly strategize a defense st the collegiate level.

No recruiting ties or ties to the college coaching ranks

True.
But since it has been discovered (on CIS) that he is a loudmouth, we can have him visit homes of recruits and have him yell at them and their parents about the old days and why they better commit ASAP.

Pretty sure he has the mind to properly strategize a defense st the collegiate level.

Can he call the right plays and get the right personnel in with a 15 second window before each play? There's a lot more to being a DC than coming up with the overall strategy.

Advertisement
No

An NFL coach who has coached on more bad Packer defenses than good ones. Hasn’t he been an LB coach his whole career? Never was promoted to a DC? If he wasn’t a Cane this wouldn’t even be posted. Stop this nonsense. An NFL journeyman LB Coach means he is a good college DC just because he is a Cane?

As a LB coach? Sure, I’ll take that. But DC? I’ll pass

Dude was Assistant HC in charge of the defense. If below is true the defense has been pretty impressive under his leadership. Link to bio also shows his LB units have also been pretty good. Will admit I don't follow coaches that much but his NFL history (including playing days) seem pretty impressive.

Named to the assistant head coach post by Head Coach Mike McCarthy on Jan. 15, 2007, Moss impressed McCarthy with his leadership skills when the two worked together for five seasons in New Orleans and again in 2006 in Green Bay. His position responsibility was modified to inside linebackers from 2009-13 with the switch to a 3-4 defense. In February 2014, Moss’ position title shifted back to all linebackers.

Since Moss was named assistant head coach in ’07, the Packers rank No. 1 in the NFL in interceptions (217), tied for No. 3 in total takeaways (307), No. 6 in opponent passer rating (81.6) and No. 7 in points allowed per game (21.4).

https://www.packers.com/team/coaches-roster/winston-moss

Advertisement
Moss has already been fired! People keep saying he isn't going to leave the league to recruit 17 yr olds but the man has no job right now soooo

So blames players, hasnt called plays in 10+ years, would fit right in with the HC........pass

Advertisement
Back