Winning the coastal is still the goal. Yes or No

Winning the Coastal is the Goal

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NVA CANE

All-American
Now that Kaaya has been penciled in to start, and the season is one week away, let's make it official.

The goal of this season is to win the Coastal and anything less than that will be deemed a failure. Yes or No.

Vote

Advertisement
Obviously that should be the goal with the talent on this team. Not winning to me would be a failure.

Advertisement
Since Miami joined the ACC, Duke has won the Coastal and Wake Forest has won an ACC Championship. Winning the Coastal has been the baseline for a successful season for 10 frickin' years. Any thing less, regardless of record, is an abject failure.

Since Miami joined the ACC, Duke has won the Coastal and Wake Forest has won an ACC Championship. Winning the Coastal has been the baseline for a successful season for 10 frickin' years. Any thing less, regardless of record, is an abject failure.

If Golden doesn't win it this year he should be fired, 4 years is plenty of time to win a division that is not all that tough.

it should be to win the ACC but anyone with an IQ over 100 can see that is impossible right now. so I guess we'll take being embarrassed by FSU twice as a consolation

Advertisement

If Golden doesn't win it this year he should be fired, 4 years is plenty of time to win a division that is not all that tough.
This

No doubt, Golden can't use Kayaa's inexperience as an excuse. It's Golden's fault he didn't have depth at QB. 4 years is plenty of time to make depth at a certain position

absolutely, just because kaaya has been named the starter does not change the goals for the season, he has alot of talent to help him so it will not all be on him, this is a realistic goal that can be still be reached w/o a doubt imo, and cf3000 you can stop with the fire Golden stuff he is not going anywhere, we should be behind this man being he stuck thru the element of surprsise (NCAA) with us and having to deal with all the mess/cloud for his 1st 3 yrs and yes i agree with alot of the people on here dorito needs to go at some point but this would be his last yr imo if the defense fails but i really think there will be a big improvemnt with the defense this yr. Go Canes!!! BEAT LOSERVILLE

Advertisement
Winning the ACC is the goal this year.

FSU, Clemson, and Louisville will beat the **** out of each other for the Atlantic

We need to take advantage of that

Advertisement
Yes. Our talent level is now where we should win the coastal short of whipple starting at QB

absolutely, just because kaaya has been named the starter does not change the goals for the season, he has alot of talent to help him so it will not all be on him, this is a realistic goal that can be still be reached w/o a doubt imo, and cf3000 you can stop with the fire Golden stuff he is not going anywhere, we should be behind this man being he stuck thru the element of surprsise (NCAA) with us and having to deal with all the mess/cloud for his 1st 3 yrs and yes i agree with alot of the people on here dorito needs to go at some point but this would be his last yr imo if the defense fails but i really think there will be a big improvemnt with the defense this yr. Go Canes!!! BEAT LOSERVILLE

The only reason Golden is still here is because Penn St took a pass on him, don't kid yourself about his loyalty. I never said he would be fired if he failed to win it, I said he should be fired. We have been too complacent for too long. His recruiting recently has given me hope, and even the commits need to see something on the field. IF we lose to UL, this will be a long season, and we would have to win the Coastal with 2 losses, not a lot of wriggle room for a team with our recent history.

Win the Coastal AND don't lose any games that we're favored in. I'm not viewing backing into the ACCCG because the div blew after losing to a Pitt or UVA that we're favored against and then getting killed in an ACCCG and a bowl game as a successful season. Just saying- there is a scenario in which merely winning the Coastal isn't a real step forward but it definitely should be the baseline goal.

Win the Coastal AND don't lose any games that we're favored in. I'm not viewing backing into the ACCCG because the div blew after losing to a Pitt or UVA that we're favored against and then getting killed in an ACCCG and a bowl game as a successful season. Just saying- there is a scenario in which merely winning the Coastal isn't a real step forward but it definitely should be the baseline goal.

Agreed.

:kaaya:

Advertisement
Back