Winners keep score at TNM......

You can hand some of these posters a 1000000 dollars and all they would do is * about the taxes.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Yep. This is no different than most regime changes. Most of us praised the new culture changes at Miami with the prior 3 regimes. Nothing new here. Hopefullly, though, this one just “feels” different.
What feels different to me is not the talk, but rather Manny vs. those other guys. Coker was a beta. Randy a weirdo. And Gluten a snake oil salesman fraud. Manny is aggressive, ambitious, and cares about winning. Success for him isn’t coaching UM. It’s winning at UM.

Thanks!! Yeah thats my fear. I've heard the same from professors and mentors in the field. There is no substitute for experience in the medical field is what I have heard. I worked in ER registration before med school and we had some new Docs that were "scared" because they ordered way too many lab tests and imaging unnecessarily. Now, a few years later, my sister is working in the same ER before she goes to Med School, and those same doctors are the leaders and best docs in the ED.

I'm assuming you're a Doc as well?
Yeah man. Worry not, we all know a good amount of information, but you don't really learn it in practice and feel pretty comfortable until after you are done with residency and have been working a few years. Again, it's not rocket science, but depending in what area of medicine you decide to practice in, the answer to the problem in front of you is typically fairly simple. You will do great. Just always be humble and approachable, and take care of the staff you work with...they in-turn will take care of you.

Advertisement
Does the IPF give us freezing rain and/or snow-creating capabilities so that we can be something other than mypillow.com soft in that weather?

Bruh I think I’ve asjed that sooooi many times. We need to be practicing in the cold for those 1 or 2 games s year.

I fully understand what he's trying to do. but I've never seen or heard of it being "assigned" before

Actually, this is how the military approaches it. Read Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin. Performance of SEAL teams was heavily affected by leadership of task force leaders and this would trickle down to platoon leaders and individuals. Given football's similarities to rmies and war, it would be a brilliant application.

So Manny has turned EVERYTHING into a competition !!!! I know you guys heard awhile back when Manny said he was going to be selecting “Team Leaders” and they would each have a group of players they would be responsible for. Well that’s alive and well & they are competing & keeping score on literally everything. Leader boards & rankings are posted and the competition is legit. Things getting scored:
  • Workouts
  • Training Table
  • Study Hall
  • Tardiness
  • Meetings
  • Effort
  • Attendance
.....just to name a few.

THE PLAYERS LOVE THE NEW STAFF !!!!!!

The energy in the building is COMPLETELY different & Manny hit a HR with the S&C coach. The players love this dude. He will stay ALLLLLLL **** DAY if players want to get in a personal workout session with him after group sessions. TNM isn’t just a hashtag, it’s legit different in **** near every way. Speaking of S&C the weight room is getting a facelift as we speak.

Thank you for sharing this Tweed...great news indeed.

Advertisement
Manny Diaz has impressed all of college football and coaches in all sports, mainly because he had a plan from day 1, minute 1 for ALL of it. It's truly amazing the energy and enthusiasm that he has brought to a sleeping giant, that prior HC's here seemed to sleep walk through. He handed over the keys to the offense. Strengthened the defense and is determined to make special teams our advantage against every team. The transfer portal...coaches didn't know what it was while he was securing transfers. Some to fill holes and supplement the recruiting gaps and others long term. Bolden, Martell, Martin are ALL considered impact players. He has to win games because that is the bottom line. But even without being the HC of a single game yet, just look at the 2020 and even 2021 HS players that want to be a part of it. Good luck to all the talented players that are going to play elsewhere. They're in the rearview mirror. It's an exciting time to be a Canes fan. What a difference 1 month and 1 Man(ny) can make.

Yeah man. Worry not, we all know a good amount of information, but you don't really learn it in practice and feel pretty comfortable until after you are done with residency and have been working a few years. Again, it's not rocket science, but depending in what area of medicine you decide to practice in, the answer to the problem in front of you is typically fairly simple. You will do great. Just always be humble and approachable, and take care of the staff you work with...they in-turn will take care of you.

Thank you for the wise advice. I want to go in to Emergency Medicine. The pay is good, the hours are good, and I truly enjoy the diversity of the cases and acute care overall. What area are you in?

Can some of you just shut up and simply be excited when an insider tells you our team is totally revitalized from this coaching change? Or do you always have to find something to complain about, no matter what the news is?

It's what professional trollers do. Undermine excitement. Insert doubt. Make every loss proof that we have the wrong hire, etc, blah, blah, blah.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Thank you for the wise advice. I want to go in to Emergency Medicine. The pay is good, the hours are good, and I truly enjoy the diversity of the cases and acute care overall. What area are you in?
I did primary care / family medicine, then progressed to Ortho.

I love it! Iron sharpens iron. We need this competition to get the "me too" kids to rise to their true potential. Guys like Lo and Deejay are already there. But there are a few (including our QBs) that will benefit greatly from peer pressure.

It's easy to be cynical. There are some similarities to Golden's early hype and salesmanship. But I would point to Manny's defenses, his hiring of Enos, his wins on the recruiting trail both in the portal and in the 2020/2021 classes. This isn't Jim Coley & Mark D'Onofrio's Canes. We've got a true winner leading our team now, not a motivational speaker living in a van down by the river.

Advertisement
Back