Winky offered by

Advertisement
Not calling you a liar, hollyhood27. But come on bro..everytime I look up ALA is offering someone down here. You might have more insight then me but do you think they are all commitable? I mean ****..How many scholies they have to give out? Even Al is being just a little more selective with who he offers. I dont think we have offered Winky yet.

We should make a Bama subforum for scared **** riders to post about who they offered.

Disclaimer: Al Golden is far from a perfect recruiter.

That said, those days are gone when I worry about other schools offering local kids that we don't.

If (and that's a big if) we haven't offered as an ATH, I'd like to see us do so. At least at that point you can say "we've wanted you all along but always felt you and the team would be best served with you playing elsewhere". You see how much these early offers mean and worse case scenario, he just isn't into it. It doesn't really hurt as long as he doesn't take it as "you suck at QB"

Advertisement
We're going to end up seeing this kid as a 2-year at minimum starter in college football. Too good.

Not calling you a liar, hollyhood27. But come on bro..everytime I look up ALA is offering someone down here. You might have more insight then me but do you think they are all commitable? I mean ****..How many scholies they have to give out? Even Al is being just a little more selective with who he offers. I dont think we have offered Winky yet.

I hear you but I think the reason Bama would offer the kid is for logistical reasons more than anything. Winky is a leader n could get in the ear of other recruits. I think it is a smart ploy to continue undermining our influence down here. We are trying to regain our footing down here as being that program but we aren't back to what we used to be and lil things like this help make it more difficult.

Tell Winky to call Saban right now and committ on the spot and see what happens..."Ahh, yeah, Pinky, im mean Winky, let me have Mario get back to you."

Not hating on the kid but you are kidding urself if you think its commitable ATM.

not disputing this, but Bama lately has been carful with the whole offer thing. They realize that some kids would commit on the spot if they get a Bama offer.
they tell them up front that they cant commit

Advertisement
I want this kid in O&G

It would be a mistake to let him go

Give him a shot at QB. If he cant make it work move him

Just out of curiosity...Do you guys see him being an Anquan Boldin type player? They have similiar builds and speed. Maybe Winky is a little faster. I would hate for some team to promise him a shot at QB then as soon as he gets there goes to WR and becomes a monster like Anquan.

Advertisement
Just out of curiosity...Do you guys see him being an Anquan Boldin type player? They have similiar builds and speed. Maybe Winky is a little faster. I would hate for some team to promise him a shot at QB then as soon as he gets there goes to WR and becomes a monster like Anquan.

Wasn't Boldin a QB in high school?

The Boldin comparison has been made a lot. I want Flowers in this class somehow just because I too am afraid of missing out on the next superstar receiver/safety because we wouldn't give him a shot at QB first.

I can only go by with what they have told us. They offered end one of our kids and what I posted was what was committed to me by one of their coaches.

Advertisement
Atleast we are being upfront w/ this kid about his potential to play QB @ the U. We have had great players in the past that played QB in HS...roscoe P comes to mine...sure im missing others. Kids might have a great arm/potential @ QB but his future is as an athlete. Bama selling the QB to just ***** him after LOI

Wasn't Ethenic Sands a QB in HS? How about Santana Moss? There were probably a ton of guys, lot of college WRs and DBs played QB because they were the best athletes and the schools didn't emphasize passing that much.

Advertisement
Back