Winky offered by

Advertisement
Yeah but as a QB or ATH? That's the only thing that matters. He's gonna get offers from all the big schools as an athlete...it will be curious to see who is willing to appease the kid.

Yeah but as a QB or ATH? That's the only thing that matters. He's gonna get offers from all the big schools as an athlete...it will be curious to see who is willing to appease the kid.

This is the question. I want this kid as an athlete, not sure as a QB. I say we offer and let it sort out later.

He can play qb at the D1 level.

Maybe, maybe not....my question still stands though. It doesn't matter WHO offers him....it's who actually offers him as a QB.

The second list is going to be a lot shorter than the first. Even then that second list will have at least 1 or 2 schools which are outright lying to the kid in an effort to get him in, give him a "shot" and then move him to a skill position where I and many others think he's better suited in terms of his long term future.

Advertisement
He can play D1 QB no doubt, but, look at Shoelace man, if he would have switched earlier, he would have been picked much higher.

He will never play QB at Bama.

Never said Bama, I dont know what they have on their roster but I do know with the type of guys we have on ours at the moment He could come here and play QB.

Also he is a much better qb than shoelace. Shoelace is a athlete who had his mind made up to play qb so he found a program to accommodate him. His choice

He will never play QB at Bama.

Never said Bama, I dont know what they have on their roster but I do know with the type of guys we have on ours at the moment He could come here and play QB.

Also he is a much better qb than shoelace. Shoelace is a athlete who had his mind made up to play qb so he found a program to accommodate him. His choice

Not playing QB at Bama has absolutely zero to do with their roster or his skill.

Advertisement
black QB @ bama????? not a chance........fan base/coaching staff wont give him the time to go through the necessary growing pains to mature into a good D1 QB. They would prefer to use his "athleticism" elsewhere..... Like prev stated...that wont have to do with his abilities to play QB but rather with the expectations and perspective of a university and fan base that are stuck in the late 1970's

Walter Lewis - excellent QB at BAMA in the early 80s I believe and he even started imagine that

not saying they have not had any black QB's there..in fact they had a black QB in the late 90's early 2000's. The ones they have had, have had to work with reduced patience by staff/fans....i.e., they ***** up they get placed on bench. More recenly saben has recruited some black QB's but has tried to use their "athleticism" and move them to wide out etc. Most recent QB transferred...in fact we had to deal with him this past year at Virginia

not saying they have not had any black QB's there..in fact they had a black QB in the late 90's early 2000's. The ones they have had, have had to work with reduced patience by staff/fans....i.e., they ***** up they get placed on bench. More recenly saben has recruited some black QB's but has tried to use their "athleticism" and move them to wide out etc. Most recent QB transferred...in fact we had to deal with him this past year at Virginia

^This. Bama has signed several 4-5* black QBs and none have seen a helmet, let only the field. Winky would be used as a pawn to get other south Florida kids.

Advertisement
Phillip Sims was the latest *5 QB that went to Bama but later transfered to UVA.

^This. Bama has signed several 4-5* black QBs and none have seen a helmet, let only the field. Winky would be used as a pawn to get other south Florida kids.

Waiting for the cries that all of our current QB recruits suck compared to Flowers.........wait for it......

Remember it's not who we've recruited, its who we dont recruit that matters to the worst fanbase in America.

Advertisement
Atleast we are being upfront w/ this kid about his potential to play QB @ the U. We have had great players in the past that played QB in HS...roscoe P comes to mine...sure im missing others. Kids might have a great arm/potential @ QB but his future is as an athlete. Bama selling the QB to just ***** him after LOI

Tell Winky to call Saban right now and committ on the spot and see what happens..."Ahh, yeah, Pinky, im mean Winky, let me have Mario get back to you."

Not hating on the kid but you are kidding urself if you think its commitable ATM.

Tell Winky to call Saban right now and committ on the spot and see what happens..."Ahh, yeah, Pinky, im mean Winky, let me have Mario get back to you."

Not hating on the kid but you are kidding urself if you think its commitable ATM.

not disputing this, but Bama lately has been carful with the whole offer thing. They realize that some kids would commit on the spot if they get a Bama offer.

Advertisement
Back