Wiltfong

Advertisement
That's Wiltfong saying the school a kid signs to is a factor when rating them

Wiltfong is a buffoon.

They have to rank these kids LONG before they actually sign. A verbal is just a verbal. And coaches move on with great regularity.

It is, literally, an IDIOTIC argument for Wiltfong to make, that before a kid actually signs an LOI, and with no idea if the position coach will stick around, that he gives a higher ranking to a guy based on where he is verbally committed.

What a clown.

Recruiting rankings are a good ballpark. They're not irrelevant but you can't treat the lists with certainty. If you look back at old classes it's often the guys ranked in the 60s or 70s in state who turn out the best, with plenty of busts in between them and the top rated guys. You have to filter through the top 150 (state rankings) and do your own evaluations.

Advertisement
Honestly, it’s not that far-fetched. It’s then trusting coaching evaluations more than their own. If player A has fewer accolades as far as camps, etc, but has offers from Clemson, Bama, OSU, Id take him over Player B who’s a combine warrior that none of the big dogs want.

A lot of the kids those elite programs get are no brainers, but I don’t think it’s out of line to trust their under the radar evaluations more than others.

He’s doing it so his projections seem legit later on instead of showing us raw potential like he should. Lame
That what he does with his CBs too. Only puts the pick in once he has close to definite info, that’s why his percentage is so high and he’s “so accurate.” If he actually made predictions it would be a completely different number.

That what he does with his CBs too. Only puts the pick in once he has close to definite info, that’s why his percentage is so high and he’s “so accurate.” If he actually made predictions it would be a completely different number.
I don’t mind that though, when he places a prediction it’s a pretty good tell. But I know what you mean

Advertisement
Back