Wiltfong - Tyrique Stevenson

Advertisement
Nice! Picking up both of them would change the future of this team for years to come. The impact on other recruits would be almost as important as the impact that those two could make on the field.

yup. also, can't see hasselwood going back as we all know kids who leave usually never end up committing back to the school.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
He mentioned too that one source doesn't believe mcintosh will end up at miami. Said MAR is a toss up right now and the staff would like to pair him or mcintosh with crowley at rb.

Don't know if the staff is going after him at rb now or if wiltfong is just going by what he plays in hs.

Staff needs to tell MAR he can start out wherever he wants and will be evaluated throughout his first year. He is a weapon with the ball in his hands for sure, but way more upside on D.

I'm thinking dude meant Striker when he said Rover. The way Finley is playing that position, yeah, I can see AC killing it there next year. We definitely need to add safety depth.
I dont know. Coverage really aint carter strength but he could improve there like finley. I would put 15lbs on carter and put him at Lb.

I dont know. Coverage really aint carter strength but he could improve there like finley. I would put 15lbs on carter and put him at Lb.

Well, the Striker is basically a hybrid LB/S position that requires a guy to cover a lot less space. It plays to the strengths of these big, less-twitchy safety types. I've been very impressed so far with how much more versatile it makes our defense while also maximizing the utility of some of our talented tweeners.

We shall see over time, but one thing is clear, we need more of the Gurvan Hall, Jaquan Johnson, Stevenson types at the pure safety positions. I still have hope for Derrick Smith, but he hasn't shown a lot yet. Yes, the names sound great, but even if we get TS, throwing him and true Sophomore Gurvan Hall out there game 1 next season is a scary thought when every game must be a W.

Advertisement
Wilrfong also saying Miami recruiting MAR at RB. Has him more likely the second back over McIntosh.
He alwzys been a playmaker to the coaches but if TS is really likely to come I can see us getting 4 different safeties so we're in a really good spot so he makes more sense now then ever at rb

Advertisement
More good news.

Need to keep getting it done on the field.

If we do, a lot more players from around the country will magically be more interested in us.

Including a top-notch QB before recruiting season ends.

Advertisement
So with Stevenson trending away from Georgia and it’s not looking good for Battle who else do they grab as db’s?

Richards might be the second RB cuz I doubt Mac comes here, Nunn is going to be a tough pull from Syracuse.

So with Stevenson trending away from Georgia and it’s not looking good for Battle who else do they grab as db’s?

Richards might be the second RB cuz I doubt Mac comes here, Nunn is going to be a tough pull from Syracuse.

If we close Stevenson and MAR that might be all she wrote at DB.

Advertisement
Back