Willie Moise (going to Coastal Carolina)

Advertisement
Minimum SAT score for D1 eligibility (FBS or FCS) is 900. The NCAA does use a sliding scale so a player can be eligible with lower test scores but they have to have a higher GPA in core academic classes.

For example, core class (academic classes, not elective courses) minimum GPA is 2.3 but you would need to score a minimum 900 SAT or 75 ACT with grades that poor. Whereas if you have a 3.55 GPA or higher in core academic courses, you can score as low as 400 SAT 37 ACT and still qualify.

64317365-9D4C-4919-8654-5C3E1344927D.gif

Back in the day they started the SAT in the late 70's around 76-77 , I was told take your SAT every single time it's given don't miss any of them and with your preparation each time it will go up , they didn't have any study classes back then yet in first year know one knew what to study for yet .

I graduated in 1976 and we were doing practice testing that didn't count the state was looking for what grade scoring averages would be so I kind of think my score was around 800-850 , didn't have chance to retake it do to graduation.

How would this score be keep in mind 45 years ago they didn't know what they were testing for yet.
That's an awful score.

Advertisement
That's an awful score.
Remember this was 45 years ago SAT were totally different in scoring and I was guessing , well all I know is my councilor and coach Paul Skeens together told me of my big three offers in Florida and I could also if I wanted pick and choose to go anywhere "just pick one" unquote till my devastating dislocation nerve / tendon ankle injury.

Last edited:
Back in the day they started the SAT in the late 70's around 76-77 , I was told take your SAT every single time it's given don't miss any of them and with your preparation each time it will go up , they didn't have any study classes back then yet in first year know one knew what to study for yet .

I graduated in 1976 and we were doing practice testing that didn't count the state was looking for what grade scoring averages would be so I kind of think my score was around 800-850 , didn't have chance to retake it do to graduation.

How would this score be keep in mind 45 years ago they didn't know what they were testing for yet.

The SAT has been administered since 1926. It gained prominence after WWII when a ton of former soldiers applied to college on the GI Bill.

The test is standardized and is scored on a bell curve. The "mean" (or average) score is 1000, which is 500 Math, 500 Verbal.

The test has changed format a bit over the decades, including a time period when there were 3 scored sections.

If anyone cares (and has knowledge of bell-curve stats), one standard deviation from the mean is 100 points per section/200 points total.

Thus, 68% of all test-takers should score between 800 and 1200.

95% of all test-takers should score between 600 and 1400.

Remember this was 45 years ago SAT were totally different in scoring and I was guessing , well all I know is my councilor and coach Paul Skeens together told me of my big three offers in Florida and I could also if I wanted pick and choose to go anywhere "just pick one" unquote till my devastating dislocation nerve / tendon ankle injury.
I graduated HS in '83 and the only requirement was to graduate from an accredited HS with minimum D average and score 800 on your SAT. Now, this was the lowest scores allowed by the NCAA. Schools had their own requirements but few like Stanford and Notre Dame would turn down a really good athlete no matter the sport.

Advertisement
I prefer him at DT and think we need him there more than the OL. I'm probably in the minority but JMO. We have some younger guys at OG so hoping Justice can make do there. Moise is a potential difference maker at DT and I feel like we need more numbers there. Hope the stuff about him being good to go is true ...

Advertisement
I prefer him at DT and think we need him there more than the OL. I'm probably in the minority but JMO. We have some younger guys at OG so hoping Justice can make do there. Moise is a potential difference maker at DT and I feel like we need more numbers there. Hope the stuff about him being good to go is true ...

We signed 3 dts last year and redshirted all TREE of them.

We aint hurting at DT.

Our OL sucks...and he can play there legitimately really well ( i played against him this year). I wouldnt mind him on offense.

Advertisement
We signed 3 dts last year and redshirted all TREE of them.

We aint hurting at DT.

Our OL sucks...and he can play there legitimately really well ( i played against him this year). I wouldnt mind him on offense.

And one of them is no longer a DT so really only 2. With the way kids leave early from UM, I don't think it's out of the question to say we could lose 1-2 of Ford, Miller, Silvera after this year if they play like we expect them to. That doesn't leave us with much. Again, I know I was in the minority but I think Moise is a better DT prospect than any of those 2019 guys we signed at DT and is a potential huge difference maker there. That is the biggest reason why I want him there. A game changer at that position propels this entire defense to another level. He can be that. JMO

His wife is an administrator at the young man's high school.

Go Canes
Correct. And I can’t say much, but it looks good for the young man is all I know. Now the ball is in Miami’s court. Unless they say they don’t have room for him... he’s good to go. He just has to finish his classes out which wasn’t a problem from him. It was his SAT. But the young man did his thing.

Correct. And I can’t say much, but it looks good for the young man is all I know. Now the ball is in Miami’s court. Unless they say they don’t have room for him... he’s good to go. He just has to finish his classes out which wasn’t a problem from him. It was his SAT. But the young man did his thing.

Thank you for your insider info, sir.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back