Willie Moise (going to Coastal Carolina)

Advertisement
Prep school or gray shirt and enroll after the first semester. Good to see the kid willing to stick with it versus going to a smaller school too.

Sorry, didn't see your post.

Inquiring Gaytor minds want to know...when does Miami get credit for 4-star Moise, Class of 2020, Class of 2021, or neither?

Personally, I think it should be BOTH, because we all know the Gaytors will try to bump their future class rankings for all their prior academic casualties if they ever eventually enroll (while simultaneously claiming that you can't "go back" to re-rank the classes once the ink is dry).

Gaytor Mathz are not for the faint of heart.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Oh yes there are, if both parties are willing to put in the effort and the amount of time necessary.

Go Canes

I don't think you understand what double-secret rules are.

Everyone knows the rules. It's not a secret. It may be tough to pull it off, but the rules are there for everyone.

Advertisement
I don't think you understand what double-secret rules are.

Everyone knows the rules. It's not a secret. It may be tough to pull it off, but the rules are there for everyone.

Oh I understand and would gladly break it down for you, but it's a secret sorry!

Go Canes

Oh I understand and would gladly break it down for you, but it's a secret sorry!

Go Canes
1592332597878.png

This is great news. Who cares if he comes in as an OL or DT. Bring him in and plug him where he fits best.

I was wondering if he would be able to practice with the team in 2020 if he's not a student at Miami? Can he take online courses and still walkon? Or does he have to be with the team? Maybe he can take 2 courses at Miami and 2 at community in the Fall, to reduce the cost to half of one semester?? Or maybe his financial need is great enough that he can get a full financial scholarship for the Fall? Or is he going to a community college and not able to practice?

Anyway, wishing him nothing but the best. Super excited about our line recruiting these days. What a change.

Advertisement
This is great news. Who cares if he comes in as an OL or DT. Bring him in and plug him where he fits best.

I was wondering if he would be able to practice with the team in 2020 if he's not a student at Miami? Can he take online courses and still walkon? Or does he have to be with the team? Maybe he can take 2 courses at Miami and 2 at community in the Fall, to reduce the cost to half of one semester?? Or maybe his financial need is great enough that he can get a full financial scholarship for the Fall? Or is he going to a community college and not able to practice?

Anyway, wishing him nothing but the best. Super excited about our line recruiting these days. What a change.

Uh...no.

As for the financial aid scholarships, those are given to kids who are accepted to Miami. Most athletes would not have a good shot at getting into Miami without the benefit of an academic scholarship (it's not just about the money, it is also about the reduced academic standards, see, generally, Aunt Becky's kids).

So, I would hazard a guess, that without a signed LOI/FAA for Moise, and given his inability to even qualify until late in his senior year, there is no way he is getting into UM without athletics-related assistance.

That's why I said the new UM financial aid rules would help with players like Joaquin Gonzalez. Who was accepted to Harvard.

We aren't going to be able to give a full needs-based financial aid package to a PWO who will be an academic redshirt by the NCAA rules.

Advertisement
Back