Willie Moise (going to Coastal Carolina)

Advertisement
wrong, the minute you matriculate at any college and start taking credits, your clock starts. part time or full time.

and I did a year of PG football at fork union.

Kayone, if you have any influence with the family, and IF Diaz is offering a 2021 scholarship that starts in January, you need to sway him to stay home.

BC is an amazing school, don't get me wrong. But he would almost certainly be miserable there. Rutgers is even worse, they don't even have a true community to speak of. In the least, he needs to wait and take officials before he makes up his mind. Then get a final official to Miami and make an informed decision.

It's his life. But IMHO, he would be making a huge mistake to go to either of those schools vs. sit out a semester and join Miami in January on scholarship, assuming that's a hard commitment that the staff is offering him.
Seems like the 2021 route is where he may go.

wrong, the minute you matriculate at any college and start taking credits, your clock starts. part time or full time.

That's what I thought too, which is kinda why prep schools exist.

Regardless, it may not make a ton of difference, as a "forced" academic redshirt year pretty much gives him only 4 years to play 4 anyhow, so starting college anywhere really doesn't damage the clock. Keep in mind, this is a recent rule change, and until the last year or so, prep schools had value.

Advertisement

NyStateOfMind is looking for you

I think he’s getting a look at by Rutgers and Boston Collegd now. Definitely better than coastal Carolina. He will be making a decision soon I’m sure.

I would say Rutgers is the better option from a football developmental POV, their new dline coach is very good and Schiano will have the whole team jacked up.

BC is the better education, however dirty Jersey is going to offer much better punani at Rutgers.

Go Canes

Both are good schools. But they are NOTHING like the Miami environment. Rutgers is still predominantly a commuter college, BC is a Jesuit-run Catholic university located in Newton, MA (suburbs of Boston, about 5-10 miles out of the city). A Miami kid would be a fish out of water at either.

Advertisement
Both are good schools. But they are NOTHING like the Miami environment. Rutgers is still predominantly a commuter college, BC is a Jesuit-run Catholic university located in Newton, MA (suburbs of Boston, about 5-10 miles out of the city). A Miami kid would be a fish out of water at either.

You mean Boston College is in Chestnut Hill, Mass.

Go Canes

BC is a very good academic school, (better than Rutgers). It's a serious college environment, but it's suburban, as you noted.

Not seeing an inner city Miami-Dade kid feeling like he's in the right place.

BC is a very good academic school, (better than Rutgers). It's a serious college environment, but it's suburban, as you noted.

Not seeing an inner city Miami-Dade kid feeling like he's in the right place.

BC is in Chestnut Hill which is just like Coral Gables literally ($$$) so I wouldn't call it suburban.
My college roommate was a RD at Boston College for 2 years. Boston was a good town to "visit".

But those Jersey girls will suck the life out of you, then give you kegel resuscitation to raise you up again. Hence there have been songs written about Jersey Girls.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
BC is in Chestnut Hill which is just like Coral Gables literally ($$$) so I wouldn't call it suburban.
My college roommate was a RD at Boston College for 2 years. Boston was a good town to "visit".

But those Jersey girls will suck the life out of you, then give you kegel resuscitation to raise you up again. Hence there have been songs written about Jersey Girls.

Go Canes

The old joke goes....

Do you know how you know someone went to BC?

They'll tell you.

...I'll see myself out

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back