Willie Moise (going to Coastal Carolina)

I6NrTlG.gif

Go Canes

Don't get mad, cupcake, you've been wrong all along. You simply don't know what you're talking about, you don't know the terminology, you don't understand the analysis, and every one of your conclusions is wrong.

You've been a terrible porster for years, at least you are consistently bad.

Advertisement
Once again, let's make this clear.

Moise was NOT academically qualified on NSD, which is why he never got an LOI or an FAA. If he signed either document, and then failed to qualify, Miami would have lost an IC.

SINCE NSD, Moise has apparently gotten a sufficient SAT score and/or retook enough of his Freshman-Junior level courses to guarantee that his GPA will no longer be a disqualifying issue.

HOWEVER, he will still fail the "academic redshirt" rule and he will be ineligible to play in 2020. So, yes, he is "qualified" to be admitted, but he is not able to play this year.

Prep would be best for him. Not sure if his family will see it that way. I'm sure they are perturbed by Miami finding a spot for Walker before Moise. On the other hand, if Walker had signed with Miami earlier this year, Moise would have been encouraged to look elsewhere.
Also, just because he may have achieved a minimum score and made up enough minimum coursework does not mean he has been able to be admitted to Miami yet. For everybody throwing stones at UM, there is a lot of unknowns here. Maybe he hasn’t been admitted. Maybe they want him to prep or enroll in January because they don’t want to use a spot on an academic redshirt. Maybe they have cut him loose.

All are possible and it has been mentioned on this very thread that there was uncertainty as to whether he had a spot going back weeks. If he really wants to be at Miami and they still want him, then he will do what is required to make that happen. I can’t blame the staff for not wanting to take a guy who can’t play this season if that is what has happened. Spots are tight.

The staff should have been all over this. This is a fck up if they didn't already work out a soft landing for Moise before closing on Walker. It's a mistake that we didn't stick by Moise who stayed committed to us for two years, and we give it to a kid who flipped twice and has questionable desire to even play the game. I understand the delays with grades and scores were on him. But loyalty should count.
Has to be more to the story than this. Not saying it didn't happen but you'd have to believe that due to whatever prevented Moise from signing in December/February was still hanging this up and the staff had to make a decision. If that's the case I see both sides and would agree with the staff, unfortunately you cannot wait forever

Time and time again this staff has proven they will do everything they can to help players get qualified. ****, they got in Jeff Thomas, Cam Williams, etc. My guess is Moise didn't hold up his end of the bargain. Hopefully there's still a way we can get him in but sounds like he won't be apart of the 2020 class.

Once again, let's make this clear.

Moise was NOT academically qualified on NSD, which is why he never got an LOI or an FAA. If he signed either document, and then failed to qualify, Miami would have lost an IC.

SINCE NSD, Moise has apparently gotten a sufficient SAT score and/or retook enough of his Freshman-Junior level courses to guarantee that his GPA will no longer be a disqualifying issue.

HOWEVER, he will still fail the "academic redshirt" rule and he will be ineligible to play in 2020. So, yes, he is "qualified" to be admitted, but he is not able to play this year.

Prep would be best for him. Not sure if his family will see it that way. I'm sure they are perturbed by Miami finding a spot for Walker before Moise. On the other hand, if Walker had signed with Miami earlier this year, Moise would have been encouraged to look elsewhere.

Idk if Moise would have been encouraged becuase it was Manny who offered him and got him to commit. But like you said, he would have been an academic redshirt anyway.

Advertisement
If Moise is qualified but there isnt any spots he is probably better off going part-time at a Community college instead of going to a Prep School. He can take 9 hours of classes and it wont start his playing clock because he isnt full time and then enroll somewhere in January. TCU has done this the last few years. Getting kids who qualified late.

Just by going down the team rankings, there are plenty teams who didnt sign a full class. Idk if they have a full 85 allotment and also 247 dont list transfers on the recruiting classes so Idk if the schools with opening have transfers to fill the rest of the class. Moise will find a spot.

If Moise is qualified but there isnt any spots he is probably better off going part-time at a Community college instead of going to a Prep School. He can take 9 hours of classes and it wont start his playing clock because he isnt full time and then enroll somewhere in January. TCU has done this the last few years. Getting kids who qualified late.

Interesting.

Advertisement
I have contended that we must keep him in mind when looking at Williams, Walker and any other portal prospect. If we truly valued his game and had an idea of what he could do to help us. If he couldn’t get in during the signing periods, we should have made it clear to him that our top priority is to get players in who can help us in 2020. Some sort of contingency plan to include him next year should have been worked out.

I'm not sure there is any real difference between "part-time at a community college" and prep school. Both would be a one-semester detour.

Since January, someone should have been explaining to the Moise family as to why prep school was the superior option, regardless of SAT score.

Kid can't play in Fall 2020 anyhow.

I'm not sure there is any real difference between "part-time at a community college" and prep school. Both would be a one-semester detour.

Since January, someone should have been explaining to the Moise family as to why prep school was the superior option, regardless of SAT score.

Kid can't play in Fall 2020 anyhow.

One is thousands of dollars cheaper

Advertisement
I think he’s getting a look at by Rutgers and Boston Collegd now. Definitely better than coastal Carolina. He will be making a decision soon I’m sure.

I think he’s getting a look at by Rutgers and Boston Collegd now. Definitely better than coastal Carolina. He will be making a decision soon I’m sure.

Kayone, if you have any influence with the family, and IF Diaz is offering a 2021 scholarship that starts in January, you need to sway him to stay home.

BC is an amazing school, don't get me wrong. But he would almost certainly be miserable there. Rutgers is even worse, they don't even have a true community to speak of. In the least, he needs to wait and take officials before he makes up his mind. Then get a final official to Miami and make an informed decision.

It's his life. But IMHO, he would be making a huge mistake to go to either of those schools vs. sit out a semester and join Miami in January on scholarship, assuming that's a hard commitment that the staff is offering him.

Advertisement
Kayone, if you have any influence with the family, and IF Diaz is offering a 2021 scholarship that starts in January, you need to sway him to stay home.

BC is an amazing school, don't get me wrong. But he would almost certainly be miserable there. Rutgers is even worse, they don't even have a true community to speak of. In the least, he needs to wait and take officials before he makes up his mind. Then get a final official to Miami and make an informed decision.

It's his life. But IMHO, he would be making a huge mistake to go to either of those schools vs. sit out a semester and join Miami in January on scholarship, assuming that's a hard commitment that the staff is offering him.

so if he's an iffy academic qualifier here, how the **** is he gonna qualify at BC

so if he's an iffy academic qualifier here, how the **** is he gonna qualify at BC

Presumably he'd qualify to enroll, but the NCAA wouldn't clear him to play. So BC and other P5 programs may be willing to given him a 2020 scholarship and redshirt him, like we did with C Williams and Huff, as long as they aren't at their class or team caps. We're at our class cap (at least I thought we were until Manny spouted something on his media call last Friday about having more spots for the right transfers), so we can't take him until January, at which point he would reclassify to the 2021 class.

I totally get why Moise would rather go to another P5 program now as opposed to wait until January. And if it were a Florida school maybe that would make more sense. But BC and Rutgers have cultures as different as from Miami's as Mars' atmosphere is different than Earth's.

Officials are over for the 2020 class.

Advertisement
Back