Willie Moise (going to Coastal Carolina)

What part of him not being able to qualify don’t y’all understand?!?! Miami honored his commitment, but if he can’t get in... what else are they to do. ****
Cam Williams was in the same boat last year and Miami did all they could to get him in. And the years before that... Dionte Mullins. This doesn’t look bad on Miami at all.

Yes, but in both those cases Miami still honored their scholarship, as they did with Huff. Looks like they aren't doing that with Moise. ... I mean, if they can get him into a prep for a semester then give him an early 2021 offer so he can join the team in the spring, it really wouldn't have a material difference and would still be a win/win for both sides. But they should have been arranging this with the family before the Walker situation if they were thinking ahead at all.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Once again, let's make this clear.

Moise was NOT academically qualified on NSD, which is why he never got an LOI or an FAA. If he signed either document, and then failed to qualify, Miami would have lost an IC.

SINCE NSD, Moise has apparently gotten a sufficient SAT score and/or retook enough of his Freshman-Junior level courses to guarantee that his GPA will no longer be a disqualifying issue.

HOWEVER, he will still fail the "academic redshirt" rule and he will be ineligible to play in 2020. So, yes, he is "qualified" to be admitted, but he is not able to play this year.

Prep would be best for him. Not sure if his family will see it that way. I'm sure they are perturbed by Miami finding a spot for Walker before Moise. On the other hand, if Walker had signed with Miami earlier this year, Moise would have been encouraged to look elsewhere.

Yeah if he doesn't get in, I don't see how y'all can fault UM when all he had to do was make sure his grades was str8 before signing day. Not saying it's easy but that's on no one but himself!
Heard grades were ok by signing day but he still didn’t have SAT scores and SAT was scheduled two days after National Signing Day. He ended up passing but it was too late probably. I still take this kid if we can 2021 if not then whatever. It is what it is. We good.

Heard grades were ok by signing day but he still didn’t have SAT scores and SAT was scheduled two days after National Signing Day. He ended up passing but it was too late probably. I still take this kid if we can 2021 if not then whatever. It is what it is. We good.
Oh okay I see... Yeah he's definitely still a take if we can take him.

Advertisement
I think this is your 20th comment about this subject today. All of them salty too. Are you on the NCAA rules board or something?
Dude has to give it up. No one listens so why continue to repeat yourself like a parrot.

Once again, let's make this clear.

Moise was NOT academically qualified on NSD, which is why he never got an LOI or an FAA. If he signed either document, and then failed to qualify, Miami would have lost an IC.

SINCE NSD, Moise has apparently gotten a sufficient SAT score and/or retook enough of his Freshman-Junior level courses to guarantee that his GPA will no longer be a disqualifying issue.

HOWEVER, he will still fail the "academic redshirt" rule and he will be ineligible to play in 2020. So, yes, he is "qualified" to be admitted, but he is not able to play this year.

Prep would be best for him. Not sure if his family will see it that way. I'm sure they are perturbed by Miami finding a spot for Walker before Moise. On the other hand, if Walker had signed with Miami earlier this year, Moise would have been encouraged to look elsewhere.

Covid19 waiver almost certainly wipes out the academic redshirt. All kids will qualify this year as long as they graduate and have taken a college entrance exam at least once

Advertisement

No you can't. NCAA rules specifically prohibit it.

I've explained this on a separate thread.

When IC rules were invented in 2010, the signing class was defined as everyone signing LOIs from December 1 to May 31.

The NCAA has since amended the language to refer to when the student-athlete actually receives the financial aid, and there is no "loophole" that allows a school to get around the rule by waiting until June 1.

The bottom line is that you can't divide your recruiting class into "Kids who enroll in January 2020 and are eligible to play in Fall 2020" and "Kids who enroll in August 2020 and are eligible to play in Fall 2020". Those two groups are NOT in separate IC years. The NCAA never intended that, never allowed that, and it is not some magical loophole that CIS porsters have miraculously discovered after a decade.

And, since the NCAA rules clearly state that Fall enrollees/financial aid recipients CANNOT count forward to the next year, then the issue is settled.

The recruiting class is everyone from "early signing day, December 2019" until "late registration deadline, September 2020". You can enroll early. Spring 2020 enrollees can "count forward" to the 2020-2021 academic year beginning August 2020. But August 2020 enrollees can't "count forward" to the 2021-2022 academic year.

Maybe the old NCAA rules were clearer, and just needed the "May 31" date changed to "August 31".

But it doesn't change the reality that any kids that enroll at Miami in January 2021 will count towards the 2021-2022 year. And any of the kids that enrolled at Miami in January 2020 will count towards the 2020-2021 academic year. Unless we had a countback.

Covid19 waiver almost certainly wipes out the academic redshirt. All kids will qualify this year as long as they graduate and have taken a college entrance exam at least once

Uh...no.

You have to have the grades and GPA before your SEVENTH semester. Meaning, by the end of your junior year/beginning of your senior year.

Moise was ineligible, as a college freshman, as of Summer 2019. So...before Covid-19.

Again, you are confusing "basic" qualification (Moise is qualified to receive a Division I-A athletic scholarship and admittance to college) with "academic redshirt" (Moise is ineligible to play in Fall 2020 based on factors that were established in 2019).

Dude has to give it up. No one listens so why continue to repeat yourself like a parrot.

Is the alternative "continue to let people make false statements about IC rules or eligibility"?

I would prefer not to repeat myself if people would read the rules, listen to explanations, and not insist on pushing their incorrect interpretations of the rules.

But there are a lot of ignorant people on CIS who are acting as if they discovered some loophole in the rules that 120 other college programs haven't figured out.

Advertisement
Is the alternative "continue to let people make false statements about IC rules or eligibility"?

I would prefer not to repeat myself if people would read the rules, listen to explanations, and not insist on pushing their incorrect interpretations of the rules.

But there are a lot of ignorant people on CIS who are acting as if they discovered some loophole in the rules that 120 other college programs haven't figured out.
Then stop responding to them. Let them think what they want. You are just going to get yourself into constant arguments but it looks like you already have. Do whatever floats your boat bluewaffle.

Then stop responding to them. Let them think what they want. You are just going to get yourself into constant arguments but it looks like you already have. Do whatever floats your boat bluewaffle.

I don't really give a ****e right now, it's not like many of us are working 80 hour work-weeks.

It's just typing, and I do that fairly quickly.

I don't really give a ****e right now, it's not like many of us are working 80 hour work-weeks.

It's just typing, and I do that fairly quickly.

I6NrTlG.gif

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back