Williams

Hasn't that always been the knock on him in the limited times we were able to watch him? A little too conservative. However, I saw a guy who was so accurate he was placing the ball away from defenders while also on the mark not just a chuck and pray. He is so, so not the problem

Advertisement
The deep ball to Harley was a TD if he steps into it , but he threw it off his back foot .. doesn’t seem comfortable with the deep ball, don’t think it’s coaching holding him back. pretty sure this has been one of his weaknesses s the deep ball.

The deep ball to Harley was a TD if he steps into it , but he threw it off his back foot .. doesn’t seem comfortable with the deep ball, don’t think it’s coaching holding him back. pretty sure this has been one of his weaknesses s the deep ball.
I think it was more, "Gotta throw it quick before I get hit" than him not knowing how to throw the deep ball. He was certainly leaning back when he threw it. Still, I'll take an ugly completion over a beautiful miss.

Should have said, "Throw it quick while he's open." Either way, he got excited and rushed it. Not the worst that could have happened. He SAW it, which is a great step in the right direction.

Week one he's running for his life so toss that one out the window. Week two he probably still has happy feet and i cant blame him. I would imagine over the next few games we will see him and the whole offense coaches and players start advancing as they both get more comfortable with one another.
As his comfort level increases, he'll have the confidence to look down field more often. But IMO that's not concern offensively. Given the special team situation, we have to do a better job getting it into the end zone.

I think it was more, "Gotta throw it quick before I get hit" than him not knowing how to throw the deep ball. He was certainly leaning back when he threw it. Still, I'll take an ugly completion over a beautiful miss.

Should have said, "Throw it quick while he's open." Either way, he got excited and rushed it. Not the worst that could have happened. He SAW it, which is a great step in the right direction.

I was going to say he wasn’t getting hit , but that’s part of being good at throwing the deep ball is throwing with anticipation .. something Dorsey did very well .. definitely not the worse the could’ve happen rather a completion then not agree .. but it’s something that I feel he has to develop to his game.

Advertisement
Yep. I want him completing 90% of his passes, for an average of 3 yards a completion.
Most of his passes were in the 10-20 yard range and extremely accurate. I mean We can always go back to nkosi Perry who was far worse and more dink and dunk than most realize.. see below...
48CBA97F-68CD-43C0-8135-42D1274C15FF.jpeg

931595DC-9214-40FE-A575-7B591BD1B864.jpeg

But people will continue their narrative I guess...

Plus i watched drew Brees for the saints last night attempt exactly 1 pass over 20 yards all night until the last few minutes of the game and ran an efficient offense with these crossers and slants Jarren is often throwing that’s in the 10-20 yard range. Nonetheless Jarren is very accurate

I know he is a redshirt freshman and has a bit to learn. But are the coaches holding him back and telling him to make all safe throws ? In both games there have been receivers wide open for TD’s if he would only look downfield. He has not gone deep at all and when he has it has been off the mark...was just thinking and wondering if he is being held back even when he has lanes to run he refuses to take what is given to him. On the 2 point conversion against NC he held the ball and threw a pretty pass but if he holds on to it and runs he walks in for easy score.... Are these just growing pains ? Like the kid but he is lacking that killer mentality and hopefully the game slows down for him and will be what we all want him to be...thought ?

That is his preferred playing style, take it or leave it. He's a pocket passer who wants to be safe with the football. He doesn't have enough command of the offense and experience at this level to throw deep with confidence at all times. Regardless he's made multiple big time throws like the corner to Jordan between 2 defenders, the near-pylon throw that Thomas dropped, the intermediate strike to Thomas on 3rd and long, etc.

He holds the ball too long sometimes but I've seen at least one instance where it looked like a receiver ran the wrong route and I'm sure I could find more with all-22 film. Most of our receivers don't run routes with any kind of urgency or precision.

Some coaches believe in running when there's space while others don't. 2-man and quarters coverage provide a lot of opportunities to run for decent yards. I watch the Bucs and last year the QBs took off all the time but it didn't happen this week under the new staff.

Yeah if he steps into it, it’s easily a td but as I was Saying yesterday he threw it off his back foot which is why we saw a underthrown ball there

Advertisement
Most of his passes were in the 10-20 yard range and extremely accurate. I mean We can always go back to nkosi Perry who was far worse and more dink and dunk than most realize.. see below...
View attachment 96884
View attachment 96885

Plus i watched drew Brees for the saints last night attempt exactly 1 pass over 20 yards all night within the last few minutes of the game and ran an efficient offense with these crossers and slants Jarren is often throwing that’s in the 10-20 yard range. Nonetheless Jarren is very accurate

I am happy with Williams. It's just more proof he should have gotten playing time last year. He was known as the most accurate QB on the roster the second he set foot on campus.

I know he is a redshirt freshman and has a bit to learn. But are the coaches holding him back and telling him to make all safe throws ? In both games there have been receivers wide open for TD’s if he would only look downfield. He has not gone deep at all and when he has it has been off the mark...was just thinking and wondering if he is being held back even when he has lanes to run he refuses to take what is given to him. On the 2 point conversion against NC he held the ball and threw a pretty pass but if he holds on to it and runs he walks in for easy score.... Are these just growing pains ? Like the kid but he is lacking that killer mentality and hopefully the game slows down for him and will be what we all want him to be...thought ?

Gr8 Post bro! Something to think about ? I had similar post about this.... Is HE too timid to make mistakes and let it fly or just take the safe route to keep his job that he so work hard for? Something to keep watch. I love when our fans think outside the box and not be irrational and just post out of frustration.

BUT I HAVE TO ADMIT WITH ....
@Go Canes!! If everyone else just did the basic requirements of their jobs we’d have put up 30 for two straight weeks.

Jarren is doing great.

I CONCUR!!!

GO CANES!

Advertisement

Plus i watched drew Brees for the saints last night attempt exactly 1 pass over 20 yards all night until the last few minutes of the game and ran an efficient offense with these crossers and slants Jarren is often throwing that’s in the 10-20 yard range. Nonetheless Jarren is very accurate

Yep. Someone tell the Patriots and Saints that their dink and dunk passing ways isn't going to cut it.

Take a look at Lances recap. He has an image in there of Jarren locking in on Jeff Thomas on a dig with DeeJay running wide open underneath for what would have most likely been a 1st down.

Jarren is balling but he still has a lot to learn. I don’t think he’s favoring deep or short. He’s missing guys in all areas. Which makes it even more impressive considering he only “missed” 9 passes which means we are getting ppl open a lot.

Advertisement
I would like to see the receivers do more after the catch tbh. I remember playing against Santana Moss and Reggie Wayne and when those dudes caught the ball if they the slightest bit of separation they were gone.

View attachment 96884
View attachment 96885

Posts like this is why people don’t respect you.

Nkosi was playing under a TOTALLY different offense right? Of course he was but that doesn’t stop the stupidity of this post.

You gotta stop doing this dumb ****

Which is actually insane. What you SHOULD want from your QB is TD passes. I'd take a 5 TD 2 INT day over 1 TD and no INTs. You can go all season and have no INTs and it won't matter if you don't score TDs. Especially if your kicker is having a rough season.

What about 3TD and 0 INT?

Take a look at Lances recap. He has an image in there of Jarren locking in on Jeff Thomas on a dig with DeeJay running wide open underneath for what would have most likely been a 1st down.

Jarren is balling but he still has a lot to learn. I don’t think he’s favoring deep or short. He’s missing guys in all areas. Which makes it even more impressive considering he only “missed” 9 passes which means we are getting ppl open a lot.
He’s got to hit deejay for sure on that play, wide open

Advertisement
Back