Williams

Advertisement
He was 30-39 last week with 4 drops from our WRs. He looked vastly improved from week 1 to 2. I'd say he should keep listening to everything the coaches are telling him because it is clearly working.

Yeah. The coaches are telling him to ignore wide open receivers down field to instead throw it 2 yards on 3rd and 9.
The sad **** is that's sort of true. They tell him his three primary reads should always be jeff,kj, & brevin. Depending on the safety read or the corner pre snap he has the freedom to go elsewhere. Sounds absurd to me.

The sad **** is that's sort of true. They tell him his three primary reads should always be jeff,kj, & brevin. Depending on the safety read or the corner pre snap he has the freedom to go elsewhere. Sounds absurd to me.
That contradicts what they have said in interviews though in terms of ignoring wide open receivers , this is what Diaz said on hurricane hotline a few days back. I just Think he will see the field even better as he gets more experience.

“There's usually going to be a deep guy, an intermediate guy, and a shallow guy," Diaz said. "Jarren is completing a high percentage of his passes because he is able to come off and cover the short guy for six yards or what not, but a lot of times the deep guy, but the intermediate guy is streaking across the field for a 20-yard completion that could be a catch and run for a lot more. I'd say there were probably three or four opportunities that we're not getting it to that guy even though he's wide open”

I jea
I know he is a redshirt freshman and has a bit to learn. But are the coaches holding him back and telling him to make all safe throws ? In both games there have been receivers wide open for TD’s if he would only look downfield. He has not gone deep at all and when he has it has been off the mark...was just thinking and wondering if he is being held back even when he has lanes to run he refuses to take what is given to him. On the 2 point conversion against NC he held the ball and threw a pretty pass but if he holds on to it and runs he walks in for easy score.... Are these just growing pains ? Like the kid but he is lacking that killer mentality and hopefully the game slows down for him and will be what we all want him to be...thought ?
I heard this from family members of kids on the team

Advertisement
I can't vouch for this information but the person who posted it elsewhere has been pretty spot on in the past. He seems to have access to practice.
According to him, Enos has been working with Jarren and the WR/RB groups and expanding the offense:

Many more 4 and 5 wide sets...
Forcing JW to push the ball downfield more....
Working backs into the passing game more...
Speeding up the play time so we arent going so **** slow...

I think Enos has been expanding his offense slowly, looking to grind out as many points as they could while not throwing too much at either Jarren or a very young, green OL. It was about the entire offensive personnel being more comfortable with the offense, not just Jarren. And also getting some kind of read on the best personnel on the OLine. It seems like Clark is going to continue to be the RG so now Enos can take his offense another step forward. The WR and RB have also had more time to really understand how the offense works, not just know a bunch of plays. It's a process and fans need to have patience.

It's pretty clear the offense is a work in progress. I think it's pretty exciting -

I know he is a redshirt freshman and has a bit to learn. But are the coaches holding him back and telling him to make all safe throws ? In both games there have been receivers wide open for TD’s if he would only look downfield. He has not gone deep at all and when he has it has been off the mark...was just thinking and wondering if he is being held back even when he has lanes to run he refuses to take what is given to him. On the 2 point conversion against NC he held the ball and threw a pretty pass but if he holds on to it and runs he walks in for easy score.... Are these just growing pains ? Like the kid but he is lacking that killer mentality and hopefully the game slows down for him and will be what we all want him to be...thought ?
Williams is 1-5 for 38 yds in throws 20 yds or more. He’s inaccurate - small sample, thus far. He’s also holding on to the ball too long and not trusting his reads. Call it lack of playing time or youth. Bottom line, he’s playing okay, but not great. Fans on this site need to stop pretending like he’s playing great. He’s a C + player at this time but does have lots of upside. He needs to continue watching film, listen to Coach Enos and trust in his abilities.

He has thrown deep a handful of times. They were all under thrown, and our receivers aren’t that fast. The other team knows it so we have no deep threat.

Then Harley did pretty good for himself for not being part of the 3!

Advertisement
The deep ball to Harley was a TD if he steps into it , but he threw it off his back foot .. doesn’t seem comfortable with the deep ball, don’t think it’s coaching holding him back. pretty sure this has been one of his weaknesses s the deep ball.

He showed that same tendency in the Army All American game. Pope was open and he kept under throwing him. That was my concern w JW; not sure if he can hit a streaking WR for 6.

He showed that same tendency in the Army All American game. Pope was open and he kept under throwing him. That was my concern w JW; not sure if he can hit a streaking WR for 6.
At the end of the day, he’s not the only QB who has underthrown a pass and won’t be the last. I saw Trevor Lawrence throw several balls down the field the first two games this season so that can happen to anyone. Williams just has to get his feet set because not many qbs can throw off their back foot and throw a perfect deep ball hitting the receiver in stride like that unless you are Patrick mahomes. Jarren knows he’s got to work on his deepball and he admitted that in his interview today.

Advertisement
I can't vouch for this information but the person who posted it elsewhere has been pretty spot on in the past. He seems to have access to practice.
According to him, Enos has been working with Jarren and the WR/RB groups and expanding the offense:

Many more 4 and 5 wide sets...
Forcing JW to push the ball downfield more....
Working backs into the passing game more...
Speeding up the play time so we arent going so **** slow...

I think Enos has been expanding his offense slowly, looking to grind out as many points as they could while not throwing too much at either Jarren or a very young, green OL. It was about the entire offensive personnel being more comfortable with the offense, not just Jarren. And also getting some kind of read on the best personnel on the OLine. It seems like Clark is going to continue to be the RG so now Enos can take his offense another step forward. The WR and RB have also had more time to really understand how the offense works, not just know a bunch of plays. It's a process and fans need to have patience.

It's pretty clear the offense is a work in progress. I think it's pretty exciting -
I believe This , with enos yeah he likes crosses and slants but his offenses in the past definitely takes more deep shots down the field. The O will keep expanding for sure.

Williams is 1-5 for 38 yds in throws 20 yds or more. He’s inaccurate - small sample, thus far. He’s also holding on to the ball too long and not trusting his reads. Call it lack of playing time or youth. Bottom line, he’s playing okay, but not great. Fans on this site need to stop pretending like he’s playing great. He’s a C + player at this time but does have lots of upside. He needs to continue watching film, listen to Coach Enos and trust in his abilities.
The deep ball is never going to be such a high percentage throw but Williams definitely needs to continue to work at it and imo he will

Advertisement
Learning to score in the red zone and winning games is what this team needs to learn how to do. I could care less how they do this..

PS. Also convert 3d downs into first downs instead of 4th.

At the end of the day, he’s not the only QB who has underthrown a pass and won’t be the last. I saw Trevor Lawrence throw several balls down the field the first two games this season so that can happen to anyone. Williams just has to get his feet set because not many qbs can throw off their back foot and throw a perfect deep ball hitting the receiver in stride like that unless you are Patrick mahomes. Jarren knows he’s got to work on his deepball and he admitted that in his interview today.

Come on blood....don't revert back to white cape Brock. That's a moot point you just said; you name on QB that hasn't under thrown a deep pass. My point was Jarren has consistently done that, and that was my only fear. That's not a knock on him, that just might not be his strong suit, and if it's not, no problem. I'll take a guy who's 71% throwing the ball, moving the chains over a guy w/ a cannon arm that's only completing 50% of his passes any day.

Come on blood....don't revert back to white cape Brock. That's a moot point you just said; you name on QB that hasn't under thrown a deep pass. My point was Jarren has consistently done that, and that was my only fear. That's not a knock on him, that just might not be his strong suit, and if it's not, no problem. I'll take a guy who's 71% throwing the ball, moving the chains over a guy w/ a cannon arm that's only completing 50% of his passes any day.
I didn’t take it that way man lol. But Yeah he has to get better in that area no question about that about that. I think he has the arm to do it too just got to make sure he’s stepping in to those type of throws. The little things definitely matter

It’s a big knock on Jarren to me when you cant score Touchdowns or convert a 4th and 1 to keep the drive going while being a dink and dunk only qb.

You limit your possessions bc you don’t have quick strike ability which means you limit how many opportunity’s you’re going to have to score points.

Advertisement
Back