Williams

mexiCANE

Junior
I know he is a redshirt freshman and has a bit to learn. But are the coaches holding him back and telling him to make all safe throws ? In both games there have been receivers wide open for TD’s if he would only look downfield. He has not gone deep at all and when he has it has been off the mark...was just thinking and wondering if he is being held back even when he has lanes to run he refuses to take what is given to him. On the 2 point conversion against NC he held the ball and threw a pretty pass but if he holds on to it and runs he walks in for easy score.... Are these just growing pains ? Like the kid but he is lacking that killer mentality and hopefully the game slows down for him and will be what we all want him to be...thought ?

Advertisement
I know he is a redshirt freshman and has a bit to learn. But are the coaches holding him back and telling him to make all safe throws ? In both games there have been receivers wide open for TD’s if he would only look downfield. He has not gone deep at all and when he has it has been off the mark...was just thinking and wondering if he is being held back even when he has lanes to run he refuses to take what is given to him. On the 2 point conversion against NC he held the ball and threw a pretty pass but if he holds on to it and runs he walks in for easy score.... Are these just growing pains ? Like the kid but he is lacking that killer mentality and hopefully the game slows down for him and will be what we all want him to be...thought ?
Manny said in the post game presser that Jarren miss read at least 4 intermediate throws 20 yards down field and hit the short throw instead.

Yeah. The coaches are telling him to ignore wide open receivers down field to instead throw it 2 yards on 3rd and 9.

You never know, I seen some of our previous Qb’s run out short of the first down to avoid contact on a 4th down play that cost us the game...lol... maybet I just got some type of traumatic syndrome from all the pain and suffering we have been put through with our Canes...

Advertisement
So you say he hasn't gone deep, but when he does (these both can't be true). he is off the mark. And you open your post with he hasn't thrown to wide open receivers. It's a process of developing personal trust n your abilities.

It seemed to me he started taking more shots down the field as the game wore on. A good sign of things to come, if you ask me. I think there's little doubt his first 6 quarters were fairly safe throws. I believe we will see more downfield passes from this point on.

Advertisement
Week one he's running for his life so toss that one out the window. Week two he probably still has happy feet and i cant blame him. I would imagine over the next few games we will see him and the whole offense coaches and players start advancing as they both get more comfortable with one another.

Advertisement
I don't want him taking shots downfield. If his completion percentage goes down, we will lose.
we are 0-2 with a high completion percentage. From what Enos and Diaz were saying the number one thing they were looking for from QB was the ability to not turn the ball over. maybe that has something to do with it. He has 0 int's.

Advertisement
we are 0-2 with a high completion percentage. From what Enos and Diaz were saying the number one thing they were looking for from QB was the ability to not turn the ball over. maybe that has something to do with it. He has 0 int's.
Which is actually insane. What you SHOULD want from your QB is TD passes. I'd take a 5 TD 2 INT day over 1 TD and no INTs. You can go all season and have no INTs and it won't matter if you don't score TDs. Especially if your kicker is having a rough season.

Which is actually insane. What you SHOULD want from your QB is TD passes. I'd take a 5 TD 2 INT day over 1 TD and no INTs. You can go all season and have no INTs and it won't matter if you don't score TDs. Especially if your kicker is having a rough season.

Don't say that too loudly around here.

Exactly.

Hopefully he can get that completion percentage up a little higher and pass up the dude from UTSA on the PFF completion percentage rankings.
coker.PNG

Advertisement
Back