Williams working on third downs, running more, during bye

Yeah, our Frosh QB isn’t Joe Montana. Yes, he is slow to identify the deep ball opportunity. When he does he under throws it. I get it. But, his tackles have played like **** most of the time. And his running backs have not done a good job of helping with A gap or edge pickups. Our run game was nonexistent against Central Michigan. Imagine that. Yet people still want a young quarterback to throw for five touchdowns & 500 yards, with no running game and a soft OL.

IMO. He has played well enough for us to win every game. We cannot say that about the defense, OL, or our special teams.

Where are all the Sam Howell lovers?
Sam Howell has beat 2 P5 teams, JW has beat, well none

Advertisement
Advertisement
Williams been moving the chains in every game, that’s not the problem. Redzone area is which is hindered by a number of things including bad oline, playcalling , run game after those 3 and THEN Jarren. He’s not the problem down there but we have a number of issues when we get there.
I don’t see what good putting Perry out there(unless an injury occurs) because he’s been one of the lone bright spots on the team. Far better passer than anyone we have had in recent years, if you think his game will grow by benching him for a player not as good then I dont What to tell you

How is JW moving the chains when the CANES are ranked at the bottom for 3rd conversions?

Advertisement
How is JW moving the chains when the CANES are ranked at the bottom for 3rd conversions?
Top 12 team Penn state is ranked #126 in 3rd down conversions and it don’t seem to stop them from moving the ball. Look at how many first downs and redzone trips Miami has this year. That’s a more accurate barometer who how well they are “moving the chains”

Top 12 team Penn state is ranked #126 in 3rd down conversions and it don’t seem to stop them from moving the ball. Look at how many first downs and redzone trips Miami has this year. That’s a more accurate barometer who how well they are “moving the chains”

Sigh

The CANES scored 17 point against CMU, I don't recall a lot of Chain moving that game.......3rd downs or 1st downs

I'm starting to get a feeling that Williams may be nothing more than a game manager. He just doesn't seem to have the knack for the big play. A game manager would be okay with a solid offensive line, but we obviously are lacking in that department. If Williams struggles early against VT coach should really give Perry a look.

I'm starting to get a feeling that Williams may be nothing more than a game manager. He just doesn't seem to have the knack for the big play. A game manager would be okay with a solid offensive line, but we obviously are lacking in that department. If Williams struggles early against VT coach should really give Perry a look.
Miami had 9 plays of 16 yards or more vs central Michigan. 8 were passing plays. What evidence do we have that any other qb on the roster is better than what Williams can offer? None whatsoever , tate can’t throw like that and Even Perry at his best last year wasn’t anything better than even Williams or close to it. What evidence do YOU have that Perry can make the big play? Averaged 5.6 yards per attempt last year (in an offense that threw down the field more) the farthest pass traveled by a Perry throw last year was 29 yards but y’all accuse Jarren of dinking and dunking yet these stats say otherwise...
35C6F7EB-B551-465F-8F3F-8D06FDB2F8ED.jpeg

Perry
E98660D7-E3C6-418B-BE99-83E090E5AB82.jpeg

Y’all make no sense and it’s getting clearer as the season goes on. Give Perry a look for ******* what exactly?...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Miami had 9 plays of 16 yards or more vs central Michigan. 8 were passing plays. What evidence do we have that any other qb on the roster is better than what Williams can offer? None whatsoever , tate can’t throw like that and Even Perry at his best last year wasn’t anything better than even Williams 3rd best game this year. What evidence do YOU have that Perry can make the big play? Averaged 5.6 yards per attempt last year (in an offense that threw down the field more) the farthest pass traveled by a Perry throw last year was 29 yards but y’all accuse Jarren of dinking and dunking yet these stats say otherwise...
View attachment 98054

Perry
View attachment 98055
Y’all make no sense and it’s getting clearer as the season goes on. Give Perry a look for ******* what exactly?...
And you're judging what Perry did last year in an offense that had at best four passing plays. Williams has not shown the ability to complete deep passes. We dont know what Perry can do in this offense yet. And yes Williams dinks and dunks and holds the ball too long. Anyone with eyes can see that.

And you're judging what Perry did last year in an offense that had at best four passing plays. Williams has not shown the ability to complete deep passes. We dont know what Perry can do in this offense yet. And yes Williams dinks and dunks and holds the ball too long. Anyone with eyes can see that.
And you can say we haven’t seen Perry in the new system all you want but you also have to notate drastic decline in oline play from 2018 to 2019. That oline was much better than the one we have seen this year.

What is this blind faith that Perry can complete all of these deep passes?? In an offense that featured it last year he didn’t hit any outside of Jordan(29 yard pass). And no Jarren doesn’t just dink and dunk, most of his yards and production comes from throws 10 yards or more, look it up. I dont Consider lighting it up in the 10-20 yard range dink and dunking but that’s just me.

With that being said no one is saying he’s a finished product or anything close to it, he still needs to work on his deep passes and from holding the ball too long but you don’t do that by sitting.. why mess up something that ain’t even one of the main two problems of the offense right now?

And you can say we haven’t seen Perry in the new system all you want but you also have to notate drastic decline in oline play from 2018 to 2019. That oline was much better than the one we have seen this year.

What is this blind faith that Perry can complete all of these deep passes?? In an offense that featured it last year he didn’t hit any outside of Jordan(29 yard pass). And no Jarren doesn’t just dink and dunk, most of his yards and production comes from throws 10 yards or more, look it up. I dont Consider lighting it up in the 10-20 yard range dink and dunking but that’s just me.

With that being said no one is saying he’s a finished product or anything close to it, he still needs to work on his deep passes and from holding the ball too long but you don’t do that by sitting.. why mess up something that ain’t even one of the main two problems of the offense right now?

some people just cannot get off the "deep pass" ball. It's not all about that... I agree that 10-20 yd passes are not dink and dunk. smdh

Advertisement
It seems to me Corch Eno's and his pathetic offensive offensive line are the problems. Not the rookie. But I could be wrong.

Ok all this damm back and forth and no one will acknowledge Jarren messed his shoulder up last week. What’s is going on with his shoulder?

Winston threw for 9 of his TDS against Idaho, Bethune Cookman and Nevada.

What's your point?

Actually it was only 8 and my point is porsters didn't look at a point in the season when half his games where against G5 and FCS teams, divide the number of tds by the number of games he played, multiply it by 12 and say "he is a great QB he is on pace to get this many TDs". It would be like me saying Rosier is a great QB after the Toledo game because he is on pace for 36 passing TDs.

Advertisement
Back