Williams working on third downs, running more, during bye

View as article
Need to have him working on getting through hi progressions faster...his biggest problem on ALL downs is holding the ball too long.

Kid seems to have a problem finding his second or third options.

Advertisement
Rell you don’t think Jarren will look more comfortable as he get more experience..like most QBs. That’s usually how that works. Especially when your getting hit up side the head every other drop back. Start seeing ghost. I think at times Jarren sits back and tries to trust the line and go through progressions.

Imo Jarren is not stretching the field. Especially on the edge. But those opportunities have been there for him to take those shots. Now maybe that him being gun shy, or maybe that’s how Enos has him trained. Gotta take full account he’s only a RS fresh. He’s gonna look more n more comfortable back there as the year goes on.

Lastly I wouldn’t have jarren run any reads or designed runs unless it’s in the green zone, 25 and in. I’d rather us use Tate or go full wildcat if we use it outside the red zone

OK; so I had to really think about your post, and if you look at game 1 to game 4, Jarren looks better, but he still looks like he’s over thinking, and that may be due to how he’s being coached up. I look at Bo Nix, for instance. Dude went 42% in his first game, w 2ints, but Malzhan put the ball in his hand to win that game, and he did. He had a great game this past Saturday, but Malzhan has worked him to that point.

JW looks night & day better from the gun v under center. The offense can be adjusted to fit JW’s strengths; but, I feel right now Enos is trying to force all 3 QBs to temper their strengths and force them in to his O philosophy. Hardly any team is running Enos’ concepts anymore, and it’s so much easier to defend b/c we keep everything underneath and in a box. So w the OL play as bad as is it, Enos can help JW out by not being so rigid.

There’s some things that can easily be tweaked to see the team move the ball at will. We have no one on our remaining schedule that should be able to stop us, if Enos wisen up, simplify the playbook, and call plays to Jarren’s and his personnel’s strengths. It would help the OL as well.

The question is, will he? Saturday can’t get here soon enough.

OK; so I had to really think about your post, and if you look at game 1 to game 4, Jarren looks better, but he still looks like he’s over thinking, and that may be due to how he’s being coached up. I look at Bo Nix, for instance. Dude went 42% in his first game, w 2ints, but Malzhan put the ball in his hand to win that game, and he did. He had a great game this past Saturday, but Malzhan has worked him to that point.

JW looks night & day better from the gun v under center. The offense can be adjusted to fit JW’s strengths; but, I feel right now Enos is trying to force all 3 QBs to temper their strengths and force them in to his O philosophy. Hardly any team is running Enos’ concepts anymore, and it’s so much easier to defend b/c we keep everything underneath and in a box. So w the OL play as bad as is it, Enos can help JW out by not being so rigid.

There’s some things that can easily be tweaked to see the team move the ball at will. We have no one on our remaining schedule that should be able to stop us, if Enos wisen up, simplify the playbook, and call plays to Jarren’s and his personnel’s strengths. It would help the OL as well.

The question is, will he? Saturday can’t get here soon enough.
Couple things.. the pass concepts Enos is running you find all over the NFL and college. From the RPOs to the spacing concepts. The the different personnel and the formations/shifts. I think Jarren has been effective from under center when he’s had the proper time. The LOS is where it starts no matter the formation. But from a schematic standpoint, this is a advanced O that we are running. It’s not just jarren adjusting, but everyone else too.

Now, this is the problem I have with the whole simplify the offense argument, y’all killed MR for doing just that for Perry and Malik. The offense we ran for Brad wasn’t very complex, but it wasn’t as simple as the one for the previous two. But the issues in 18’ were always the oline. By simplifying the schemes it actually makes it easier on a D then it would for the players tryna execute of offense. I had a coach in high school that told us “it shouldn’t matter what play call I make because expect y’all to dominate your matchup. I’ll never put y’all out of position”. At the time my standpoint was like yours. If a play failed, blame the scheme/call. But what it really come down to most the time is execution. And I know that sounds like giving the coaches a pass and blaming the players. But Imo a coaches most important job is to be able to teach/communicate, after that it’s up to the players

I don’t want Enos/ manny to simplify ****, cause once these guys get it, the multiple looks this offense can create will be hard to defend. I know we all want the results right now (and I’m not notrodonamus, idk whatbtbe results will be) but I’m willing to give it time behind a freshman QB and a whole offense learning something new

Advertisement
Couple things.. the pass concepts Enos is running you find all over the NFL and college. From the RPOs to the spacing concepts. The the different personnel and the formations/shifts. I think Jarren has been effective from under center when he’s had the proper time. The LOS is where it starts no matter the formation. But from a schematic standpoint, this is a advanced O that we are running. It’s not just jarren adjusting, but everyone else too.

Now, this is the problem I have with the whole simplify the offense argument, y’all killed MR for doing just that for Perry and Malik. The offense we ran for Brad wasn’t very complex, but it wasn’t as simple as the one for the previous two. But the issues in 18’ were always the oline. By simplifying the schemes it actually makes it easier on a D then it would for the players tryna execute of offense. I had a coach in high school that told us “it shouldn’t matter what play call I make because expect y’all to dominate your matchup. I’ll never put y’all out of position”. At the time my standpoint was like yours. If a play failed, blame the scheme/call. But what it really come down to most the time is execution. And I know that sounds like giving the coaches a pass and blaming the players. But Imo a coaches most important job is to be able to teach/communicate, after that it’s up to the players

I don’t want Enos/ manny to simplify ****, cause once these guys get it, the multiple looks this offense can create will be hard to defend. I know we all want the results right now (and I’m not notrodonamus, idk whatbtbe results will be) but I’m willing to give it time behind a freshman QB and a whole offense learning something new

I hear u; and I’m not referring to having an offense that’s basic. Richt’s offense was basic, not simple. What I mean by simplifying the offense, is scratch the behind C play call; it’s OK to run the ball from the SG. He can run bunch formations from The SG. RPO from the SG. Get me? The only time we need to hike from C is victory formation, imo.

Advertisement
Back