Williams Talks Miami Visit

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2014 Eagles Landing Christian (Ga.) DE Andrew Williams made a recent visit to Miami, unaware of what Coral Gables was like. After the trip, Miami is now a school he seems to have major interest in.

Williams is coming off his team’s best season after they won the state championship and he became a huge prospect.

“We won the state championship, so that was great. I had a good season, I had 66 tackles, 10 tackles for loss, 18 sacks and three blocked punts.”

The 6’4 245 pound end prospect is being recruited by many schools including Georgia, Georgia Tech, Tennessee, Notre Dame, LSU and Miami.

Miami offered Williams about two months ago and talked about his time in Miami.

“It was good, we took a visit and Coach Golden showed me around. He showed me all the facilities they haven’t opened yet and he also showed me the campus.”

Prior to seeing Coral Gables and the coaches, Williams was not in contact with the Miami staff.

“Before they would just send mail to me, but now they’re talking to me and I they’re planning on coming up to see me soon.”

Despite only seeing Miami’s campus, the towering defensive end also has a liking for the coaching staff.

“I mean I really liked, the campus but I also like the coaching staff, they’re really down to earth.”

Williams is planning to make a decision sometime before the beginning of his senior season.

“I most likely, will have a decision before football season or if I can’t make a decision by then sometime after football season.”

When asked what will be a big factor in his decision, he did give that Miami does have an advantage.

“Where will I be after my football career is a big factor. I plan on majoring in Business and Miami has a good Business program so thats there.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Would assume the kid has the measurables and is a player, but the level of play his team faces is very, very low.

254~texas cane this defense needs defensive linemen from anywhere we get them from if he can sign him up

The key is finding those Interior DL with huge potential. There aren't enough quote un quote 4 and 5 star DL where every school can load up on them. But a good coach like say a Butch Davis can identify them and develop those talents. This staff I'm not so sure can walk a stream and notice the glimmer of gold. Take big fast DE's (6'3" up) bulk them up to 285lbs + with natural DT's and you will have a stout defense. You have to create wars in practice for guys to play and compete at a championship level. Missing out on Bostwick and the deerfield DT set us back a season at that position. K. Clark, T. Valentine, A. Moten and Chad Thomas are must gets in this class for us to maintain our climb back.

Advertisement
All these electric edge guys are nice but we still need elite tackles up the middle. Golden and co. really hasn't been able to get elite DT's yet.

Clark and Moten (I think he grows into a DT) would be a great start to turning that trend around this year.

Advertisement
The key is finding those Interior DL with huge potential. There aren't enough quote un quote 4 and 5 star DL where every school can load up on them. But a good coach like say a Butch Davis can identify them and develop those talents. This staff I'm not so sure can walk a stream and notice the glimmer of gold. Take big fast DE's (6'3" up) bulk them up to 285lbs + with natural DT's and you will have a stout defense. You have to create wars in practice for guys to play and compete at a championship level. Missing out on Bostwick and the deerfield DT set us back a season at that position. K. Clark, T. Valentine, A. Moten and Chad Thomas are must gets in this class for us to maintain our climb back.

When Golden brought Olsen Pierre to Miami with him all of our fans said "does this guy think this is Temple" and now Pierre is going to be our best DT. I think this staff most definitely has the eye for talent and knows how to coach it up. I don't think the DT position is in as bad of shape as our fans are making out. Just because true sophomores and freshmen got handled in the trenches last year doesn't mean there isn't talent ready to explode on the scene this year.

Last edited:

When Golden brought Olsen Pierre to Miami with him all of our fans said "does this guy this is Temple" and now Pierre is going to be our best DT. I think this staff most definitely has the eye for talent and knows how to coach it up. I don't think the DT position is in as bad of shape as our fans are making out. Just because true sophomores and freshmen got handled in the trenches last year doesn't mean there isn't talent ready to explode on the scene this year.

Should see improvement. Can't get any worse. Or could it?

Advertisement
no new news but he looks to be in great shape and adding good weight

6.jpg:large

Whats up with these homoerotic pix you keep putting up? Keep your gaytorish ways in check please

2014 Eagles Landing Christian (Ga.)

“Where will I be after my football career is a big factor. I plan on majoring in Business and Miami has a good Business program so thats there.”

Looks like it's us and GT. Eliminate Athens and South Bend and Baton Rouge

Advertisement
Back