Williams still considering Canes

datcaneguy

Senior
Says he's still considering UM but still committed to FSU
He's just thinking about how he can get to UM and play early andits a good family oriented school with some good coaches
About FSU...Likes Mark Stoops says he's a good DB coach, FSU is his dream school and he likes the staff
Also says he's considering USF and is planning a visit there soon
Says after he visits FSU on the 14th he will know where USF and Miami stands
Says if he loves the visit he's solid to FSU,if he doesn't it open the door for USF and UM
Asked what percentage UM have of signing him right now, he said there's no percentage.

Advertisement
adding him and Bush to the commits would be great for the class. FWIW, i don't think Mike has answered the question as directly as he did a few weeks ago, when he predicted PJ to UM. He seems to have backed off and writes stuff like 'UM still in the running...'

I think he stays Nole...but would love to be wrong.

adding him and Bush to the commits would be great for the class. FWIW, i don't think Mike has answered the question as directly as he did a few weeks ago, when he predicted PJ to UM. He seems to have backed off and writes stuff like 'UM still in the running...'

I think he stays Nole...but would love to be wrong.

I agree, hard to believe he won't fall back in love with Noles after the visit. Kids are easily swayed on visits

Advertisement
I hate articles like that posted on canessport and canestime that are only written to drive up subscriptions. Being around the board for many years, articles like this come out every year. Don't get your hopes up fellas.

clear as day to see he's a Nole

Its actually kind of funny to see how much the mood of the UM fanbase changes over Mike Bakas' comments. When Bakas came out and predicted that PJ Williams would flip to UM, everyone thought it was a given. Very few fans took a moment to think that maybe, juuuuuust maybe, the FSU coaching staff might reclose on the kid, just like our coaches have been trying to do with some of our commits.

It will really get funny next week when every coach in D1 ball is on the street trying to close. Coach Golden has been riding a nice wave trying to recruit while all of those other coaches were wasting time...you know....coaching in actual bowl games. Now it all evens out.... We'll see how it plays out.

I think people were excited because Mike seems to rarely through out that type of optimism. He definitely was backing off before my membership ran out though.

I just want signing day to get here, I used to love recruiting but too many games now. Almost everything is pure speculation, which is fun to debate for awhile but has gotten old, at least for me.

What changed? I'm thinking Stoops got more involved. IMHO, Williams is all Nole now.

Advertisement
I think people were excited because Mike seems to rarely through out that type of optimism. He definitely was backing off before my membership ran out though.

I just want signing day to get here, I used to love recruiting but too many games now. Almost everything is pure speculation, which is fun to debate for awhile but has gotten old, at least for me.

Agree on both of your thoughts here. Still like following recruiting...but the games and the hats and some of that junk has gotten old.
&
yeah...Mike rarely showed that much confidence of UM flipping a kid...until he dramatically backed off some of those comments. We shall see though.

Advertisement
Would be a nice steal, but a steal nonetheless. If it doesn't happen, too ******* bad for.him.

Advertisement
Back