Williams' attorney working to get him reinstated at Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
A6ADAC05-9E2D-4160-9489-D16A818BB05F.gif

Advertisement
Sometimes CIS feels more like a legal q&a website than a college football board but if there was actually anything to the charges wouldn't the state attorney let this kid dangle in the wind for a lot longer than dropping everything so soon? And if it's just a case of the supposed victim refusing to cooperate then wouldn't they still delay a little bit and come back later to her to make absolutely sure that she still is refusing?

One of the biggest fears (at least in relation to p-r) in our legal system seems to be with the handling of domestic abusers being too light and then a dead woman or kid resulting.
In fairness we’ve had more legal situations than good seasons the past 15

Advertisement
Sometimes CIS feels more like a legal q&a website than a college football board but if there was actually anything to the charges wouldn't the state attorney let this kid dangle in the wind for a lot longer than dropping everything so soon? And if it's just a case of the supposed victim refusing to cooperate then wouldn't they still delay a little bit and come back later to her to make absolutely sure that she still is refusing?

One of the biggest fears (at least in relation to p-r) in our legal system seems to be with the handling of domestic abusers being too light and then a dead woman or kid resulting.
This site loves to argue about everything except the stuff that actually matters on the field. Nothing churns more porsts than a legal minutia argument, historical arguments about old Cane teams, big picture recruiting discussions moping, etc. Try to have dialogue about player traits/skills, schemes, opponent strengths/weaknesses and the thread will die off within half a day.

The judicial system said he didn’t do it. ALL charges were DROPPED…All these ifs people are throwing out, instead of following the facts of what ended up happening.
No ... the judicial system said that they were not prosecuting as .. apparently .. the woman decided not to press charges. The judicial system did NOT say "he didn't do it". They said they are not prosecuting .. major difference.

I don't claim to have sources, but I work out with a dude who has become real cool with one of the coaches. I just texted him and he just told me that they won't allow him back on the team. Just passing along what I heard.

Advertisement
The judicial system said he didn’t do it. ALL charges were DROPPED…All these ifs people are throwing out, instead of following the facts of what ended up happening.
I’m gonna go on a crazy limb and assume you’re not a lawyer...

Him being guilty or not depends on how much he can contribute when it comes to beating Bama.

Go Canes!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
some of you all are some real judgemental ****'s... Like you all haven't being in a bad situation and caught a break..let him back in the team and sit out a yr ..lesson learned
He can go play somewhere else. No excuses for this. Unreal.

I said what I said in the first thread, it doesn’t matter what I know or what I think. People have their minds made up regardless.
Not about whether he did it. I'm sure most of us will never know details. Do you think he's given second chance at Miami?

Do you want Tae back 👀
Personally, I’d like to see a happy ending here. I feel like the school knows best and I am going to support their decision. If they bring him back, I’ll be moving forward in support and hoping that everything works out for the best for all. If they say no, I’ll support that. That said I’m extremely troubled by the violence this woman endured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back