2023 William Fowles '23 WR offered

I think it’s a slap in the face to say Fowles is Ladson or Redding, two guys who are busts at the collegiate level right now; simply because they’re the same frame.

Reminds me more of a George Pickens or Jacorey Brooks, moves well for that size. Ladson is stiff, Redding bleh.

Advertisement
I think it’s a slap in the face to say Fowles is Ladson or Redding, two guys who are busts at the collegiate level right now; simply because they’re the same frame.

Reminds me more of a George Pickens or Jacorey Brooks, moves well for that size. Ladson is stiff, Redding bleh.
Dammit mane I thought Redding was gone be a dog I'm hurt by that one.

Advertisement
I have a feeling that the staff wants to watch him play out his senior year first before giving him the green light to commit. He didn't exactly blow up his stats last season and I've seen reports on here that he completely disappeared in a game against a good opponent.

Stats from Max Prep:

View attachment 197346
**** are you talking about? These are excellent stats.

He wasn’t high on our original board but after studying him for a couple days I’d say offer him and fast. I’ve watched his tape and talked to people who’s coached against him and we all come away with the same opinion. I’d take him over Brown any day of the week and twice on Sunday. It’s comparing a man to a boy. Big , physical cat that can run and bodies kids in space.
Was gonna say 6’2 210 solid hands and is fast. OFFER. idk if he has a legit 40 time but he looks like he can play for sure at the high P5 level

He wasn’t high on our original board but after studying him for a couple days I’d say offer him and fast. I’ve watched his tape and talked to people who’s coached against him and we all come away with the same opinion. I’d take him over Brown any day of the week and twice on Sunday. It’s comparing a man to a boy. Big , physical cat that can run and bodies kids in space.
Lol i been saying that. People look at the stars then form and opinion. I just watch the tape.

I think we need to make a serious push for at least one of the bigger receivers on our board. Hykeem Williams isn’t interested so we need to put the full court press on Fowles and ****ey.

One of them, Ray Ray, Washington and possibly Jean would be a fantastic receiver haul.

Advertisement
I don’t know how this guy is a fIve star , it’s one of the crazier evaluations I’ve seen. Anyone that see‘s him in person comes away unimpressed. I hear the same things like “ he’s straight line fast but sloppy routes, below average , to bad hands and isn’t the biggest / most physical guy”. It’s like I’m reading the same persons breakdown lol.

As Lightning McQueen said….Speed. I am Speed.

In an area of fast athletes his speed stands out

Advertisement
As Lightning McQueen said….Speed. I am Speed.

In an area of fast athletes his speed stands out
Speed goes out the window when you drop half the passes and the db knows where you’re going because of sloppy routes. It’s like giving a qb five stars because he has a huge arm. At least Ermon Lane had all the prototypical stuff going on when he was a five star, even I thought he was very overrated. There’s so much more to evaluating a wr.

Last edited:
Do you know if Zo's eval of him has adjusted his position on our board?

Advertisement
That is a great question... not just for him, but for all our recruits.

For brown and all the recruits, Zo absolutely does have input. In Brown's case, from what I've heard, yes, Zo provided Mario "feedback" on him. I think he was still a take for Mario but maybe not as high on our board as he once was.

Speed goes out the window when you drop half the passes and the db knows where you’re going because of sloppy routes. It’s like giving a qb five stars because he has a huge arm. At least Ermon Lane had all the prototypical stuff going on when he was a five star, even I thought he was very overrated. There’s so much more to evaluating a wr.
Brah u cant talk to message board scouts. We got a NFL executive....a successful one doing evals. They were sour and Chris Johnson at first, i said he is a good player, they were sour on Jean at first i said he was a good player. Bama offered both now they want them to commit ASAP.

If that’s directed at me, I suggest you re-read my post.

If Ladson is stiff and Redding bleh as you suggest, then why did the current and previous staff recruit and sign both players? Surely, there was something on tape they liked.

Why is Fowles different? That’s what I want to know from those more informed with his skill set.

Darrell Langham 2.0

Danny Devito Smh GIF

Advertisement
Back