2023 William Fowles '23 WR offered

I don’t know how this guy is a fIve star , it’s one of the crazier evaluations I’ve seen. Anyone that see‘s him in person comes away unimpressed. I hear the same things like “ he’s straight line fast but sloppy routes, below average , to bad hands and isn’t the biggest / most physical guy”. It’s like I’m reading the same persons breakdown lol.
I have a feeling Kelly turns him into a corner

Advertisement
20.98 in 200m. Might be his stronger race but many dont use it for football because when will he ever really run that distance, but it shows he has longer distance speed and endurance.

That's a quick time and to me with that, his 100 is a bit slow. I'd think 10.5 or thereabouts.

I have a feeling that the staff wants to watch him play out his senior year first before giving him the green light to commit. He didn't exactly blow up his stats last season and I've seen reports on here that he completely disappeared in a game against a good opponent.

Stats from Max Prep:

Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 11.13.33 AM.png

That's a quick time and to me with that, his 100 is a bit slow. I'd think 10.5 or thereabouts.
Thats what I am saying. The raw skills is there. You know how odd it is barring injury or just maybe non existent track program at his high school you have to be to not improve at all on time from soph to junior year?! Either way running a 10.6 as High school soph would probably come out to 10.2 or better in a college program..

I remember when Jameson Williams started getting hype when he transferred to bama and saw he also PR'd as a soph in high school then times got worse at 10.5..

Advertisement
I have a feeling that the staff wants to watch him play out his senior year first before giving him the green light to commit. He didn't exactly blow up his stats last season and I've seen reports on here that he completely disappeared in a game against a good opponent.

Stats from Max Prep:

View attachment 197346
If these stats are accurate then they are great for the high school level. Dade Christian isn't exactly known for producing quality QBs.

I have a feeling Kelly turns him into a corner
If the guy has difficulties running crisp routes and making smooth, quick moves when he's the one dictating the timing and direction of those moves as a receiver, how could he be expected to do so in response to another player dictating those moves as CB? I would think that would put him even another step behind.

Advertisement
Cribby does he have a commitable offer from us?
He wasn’t high on our original board but after studying him for a couple days I’d say offer him and fast. I’ve watched his tape and talked to people who’s coached against him and we all come away with the same opinion. I’d take him over Brown any day of the week and twice on Sunday. It’s comparing a man to a boy. Big , physical cat that can run and bodies kids in space.

He wasn’t high on our original board but after studying him for a couple days I’d say offer him and fast. I’ve watched his tape and talked to people who’s coached against him and we all come away with the same opinion. I’d take him over Brown any day of the week and twice on Sunday. It’s comparing a man to a boy. Big , physical cat that can run and bodies kids in space.
Do you think we turn up the heat here?

Advertisement
Only reason I wouldn’t take him now is because I think we should be focusing on getting keem but if that ship is completely gone then id take him no doubt

Advertisement
What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

His 100m times are a head scratcher for me at state he ran 10.8 and throughout the season he was 10.7-10.8 guy which I can’t understand. He ran 21 low pretty consistently. He’s clearly not 100m guy at all. Which to me shows he’s a fast guy with questionable acceleration. Once he gets going he can run with the best of em but acceleration is more important than speed most of the time in football.

His speed reminds me of guy I ran against my senior year of Hs in the 200. Robert Woods at our Serra. Robert was a 21 low guy I know he ran 21.0 a few times but he never ran crazy fast in the 100. He was actually a beast in the 400, ran 46 low as a senior. Robert woods has never been known as a true burner in football but he was a far superior player than Brown. Woods was just an absolute dog!

FWIW Robert Woods ran a 4.51 40 at the combine.

Odd this kid doesn't have bigger offers yet. Pretty sure I saw a nole maude say he was not a take for their dumpster fire just yet

Advertisement
Back