will we see some unexpected recruiting interest?

Advertisement
I think they're waiting to see if we draw any interest before they finalize the class

Advertisement
We know Kul is active with giving offers to kids around the country. If anyone can take advantage of our momentum it would be him.

I wouldn't mind getting Nik Bonitto honestly. Can't let a stud like that go to Loserville.

Advertisement
I understand hosting OVs after the season so that we can finish strong, but I wouldn't advocate that with long-shot/unlikely prospect. I'd get as many long-shot prospects (a few dts, the OT's in central florida, etc.) on campus for the VT/ND games as I can. Maybe save the OVs for the local guys, prospects already committed, and guys like Dennis Briggs, but we need to start making a move on some of our less than likely prospects.

Who are we still waiting on? I just don't follow recruiting as closely as I used to.

Here's my uninformed take on where we are at, someone please correct me -

QB - Sits. Perhaps situation is shaky - are we really looking at anyone else or is this just message board drama?
RB - The Ambassador and CD - outstanding class. Pretty sure we are done here, anyone disagree?
WR - Are we still recruiting anyone? Seems like Pope, Hightower, Wiggins are pretty solid and a nice class. Anyone else?
OL - Feels to me like we need one more OT prospect, but not sure I see anything realistic on the horizon.
DE - Maybe a name will emerge here, but not sure it's much of a priority.
DT - Nesta's a monster. Briggs has potential. Seems like we really want one more, but not hearing any interest reciprocated from the big names. Help?
LB - this year's "wtf are we doing" position to this point. Shaq/Pinck/McCloud is the standard, we need to step it up to maintain that level. Get after it Diaz.
DB - insane class, waiting on Campbell.

Does this all sound about right?

Who are we still waiting on? I just don't follow recruiting as closely as I used to.

QB - Sits. Perhaps situation is shaky - are we really looking at anyone else or is this just message board drama?
RB - The Ambassador and CD - outstanding class. Pretty sure we are done here, anyone disagree?
WR - Are we still recruiting anyone? Seems like Pope, Hightower, Wiggins are pretty solid and a nice class. Anyone else?
OL - Feels to me like we need one more OT prospect, but not sure I see anything realistic on the horizon.
DT - Nesta's a monster. Briggs has potential. Seems like we really want one more, but not hearing any interest reciprocated from the big names. Help?
LB - this year's "wtf are we doing" position to this point. Shaq/Pinck/McCloud is the standard, we need to step it up to maintain that level. Get after it Diaz.

Add Abraham Alce to the RB group. I believe we're wanting him as a FB. We seem to be looking for 1-2 DE, another DT, an OLB, a true OT even if it's a developmental type guy, another DB, and possibly another WR if we find one we really like.

The DE board has grown with multiple offers the past week. At DT we're looking at Briggs and a JUCO most likely, at OLB it's Joyner and everyone else. I think Bonitto would be a great fit with a similar skill set to Joyner. OT is wide open but they obviously want 1 more. DB is Tyson Campbell or bust, and the last WR they wanted was Thornton, he spurned us and they haven't really found their next guy to pursue.

Got to get some LBers in this class...miss a class w/o adding some and it puts you in a hole when/if any of the prime three bolt to the NFL

Advertisement

We need more DL - both DTs and DEs.

I think we could use one "big back" RB/FB hybrid type of player.

After the loss of Walton, I think we saw how much depth we lack at the position and that is something we should never have to deal with down here.

I was watching USC v. Utah and I couldn't help but think how much Zack Moss would fit right in here, especially to spell Homer and grind out some tough yards. Reminds me a lot of Mike James, oddly.

Advertisement

QB It's really late in the game to look a for a replacement, doubt anything happens here.
RB Abraham Alce is a maybe (really a FB)
WR Wouldn't turn down a top guy but i think we're done here.
OL I hope we add another OT as well
DE If we have to take one more DE i'd choose Bonitto.
DT They're targeting Juco's for the 3rd spot.
LB Really wish we'd add Abdullah on top of Joyner or a yet be named stud LB. Not much in SFL this year.
DB I hope one of Frierson, or Jobe ends up playing S for us. We lack range.

We need to add 3 LB in this class

I was thinking the same thing. From everything I've read, it sounds like LBs are down in South Florida this year but I'd like to see the coaches go national for a couple stud LBs. Can't ever have too many studs at that position.

Add Abraham Alce to the RB group. I believe we're wanting him as a FB. We seem to be looking for 1-2 DE, another DT, an OLB, a true OT even if it's a developmental type guy, another DB, and possibly another WR if we find one we really like.

The DE board has grown with multiple offers the past week. At DT we're looking at Briggs and a JUCO most likely, at OLB it's Joyner and everyone else. I think Bonitto would be a great fit with a similar skill set to Joyner. OT is wide open but they obviously want 1 more. DB is Tyson Campbell or bust, and the last WR they wanted was Thornton, he spurned us and they haven't really found their next guy to pursue.

I would add another besides Tyson over getting another wr just in case some one jumps ship. We can't fck this db class up this year . Stanley Garner is the one I would add or flip fsu db from STA

Last edited:
Unless it’s Campbell, Bonitto, Joyner, Briggs, Surtain, another solid OT or DT I don’t want them.

Advertisement
Back