Will We See Hedley Run A Fake Punt?

Advertisement
If the officiating repeats itself from last game, I can see Big Lou getting called for targeting in this scenario even though as the ball carrier he would be an offensive player.

I've paid close attention to D formations against Louie Louie punting.

Doesn't appear to be any focus on "stay home" or spies on him.

With his ARFL skills and size, would seem like he beats one man and at least picks up the first down (short yardage) if not gashes the D fkr a long and bruising run. Granted he wouldn't be taking the shkrt snap to make it work, but just seems odd it hasn't been called yet.

Thoughts?

Well, he does his sideways run to the right - and teams put their rushers - to the right.

If he stabs a fake to the right - and hauls *** to the left - he just might pull that off.

Interesting. I'd never really considered that before.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We didnt want to tip our hat. The fake punt is coming against Clemson. 4th and 7 on our own 35 yard line. You heard it here first.
Hedley will take it to the house too. Clemson defenders will be tossed aside like paper mache scraps.

I've paid close attention to D formations against Louie Louie punting.

Doesn't appear to be any focus on "stay home" or spies on him.

With his ARFL skills and size, would seem like he beats one man and at least picks up the first down (short yardage) if not gashes the D fkr a long and bruising run. Granted he wouldn't be taking the shkrt snap to make it work, but just seems odd it hasn't been called yet.

Thoughts?

Could be the situation hasn't presented itself yet. We have pretty much dictated momentum in past 2 games. This is the kind "break glass in case of emergency" play you keep in the back pocket.

Advertisement
We are playing Clemson in 10 days. Come on guys…

993E0B03-9E37-4EAB-912A-0898BC4E0338.gif

Advertisement
Would be even better if Pope would run with it instead of calling for a fair catch.

We had a 4th and 2 at midfield late in the game against UL. I screamed at the TV “fake the punt.”

Thought it was a great opportunity to fake the punt initially going right and then dash left with a seal block against the DE and a pulling guard to lead 94 downfield. First Down.

Hope we see it.

Me too. But glad we saved it.

Advertisement
Back