Will We See Hedley Run A Fake Punt?

Empirical Cane

We are what we repeatedly do.
I've paid close attention to D formations against Louie Louie punting.

Doesn't appear to be any focus on "stay home" or spies on him.

With his ARFL skills and size, would seem like he beats one man and at least picks up the first down (short yardage) if not gashes the D fkr a long and bruising run. Granted he wouldn't be taking the shkrt snap to make it work, but just seems odd it hasn't been called yet.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
I mentioned that on another thread. The way he approaches, it would be nice to see. Confidence in the Defense has to be a factor.

We had a 4th and 2 at midfield late in the game against UL. I screamed at the TV “fake the punt.”

Thought it was a great opportunity to fake the punt initially going right and then dash left with a seal block against the DE and a pulling guard to lead 94 downfield. First Down.

Hope we see it.

Advertisement
We had a 4th and 2 at midfield late in the game against UL. I screamed at the TV “fake the punt.”

Thought it was a great opportunity to fake the punt initially going right and then dash left with a seal block against the DE and a pulling guard to lead 94 downfield. First Down.

Hope we see it.
We didnt want to tip our hat. The fake punt is coming against Clemson. 4th and 7 on our own 35 yard line. You heard it here first.

jack nicholson yes GIF

Advertisement
That would be sweet................he has the skill....in our back pocket for now, and use when needed.

Advertisement

With his ARFL skills and size, would seem like he beats one man and at least picks up the first down (short yardage) if not gashes the D fkr a long and bruising run. Granted he wouldn't be taking the shkrt snap to make it work, but just seems odd it hasn't been called yet.

Thoughts?
Why waste a trick play? If needed for sure have it in the ****nal. Might need it in a close game against another opponent to change momentum. Just run FSU out of the building.

Thoughts?
Should not need a trick play against FSU. If they do then they are not playing well. Do not waste it if you do not need it. Its in the ****nal for sure. Use it in a close game to change momentum.

Advertisement
Why waste a trick play? If needed for sure have it in the ****nal. Might need it in a close game against another opponent to change momentum. Just run FSU out of the building.
Sorry for the same post twice site told me I was not logged in on the first one.

He ran a good one last year. When we need it, it will happen. There was no need to do it in either of those first two games.

Advertisement
Back