Will TVD be among top QBs on the draft board in 2023?

Advertisement
Next season could be his last. He has great size, can move. Could he be amongst the top quarterbacks for the 2023 class? Especially if someone like Kiffin is the coach next year?
Who said he's even going to be on the draft board?

Advertisement
He has some pretty clear stuff to work on. With more tape out now, I'd presume DCs will attack him differently next year. The most encouraging thing has been his progression on his release. If he can apply that presumed work ethic to other aspects of his game, then he'll be good to go.

- He needs to move in short areas better and especially laterally. I know he can move when he gets going in a straight line, but he's going to get repeatedly blitzed up the gut until he goes to this next level.
- He needs to anticipate better. That cannon on his shoulder really helps cover this up, but he's often late in pulling the trigger (a couple notable ones yesterday; one where he even pointed to himself owning the late throw).
- He'll naturally have to start changing speeds on some of those fireballs, especially on crossing routes

Whatever his areas for improvement, when you can throw the ball to the far sideline from the opposite hash, you and your team are going to have some serious advantages. That throw to George (though this was from in between the hashes), where George stopped, caught the ball with his hands, turned to the outside and broke free for like 30 yards...that was NFL stuff from two kids.

Advertisement
his first read is always the deep guy which is nice, but sometimes he just needs to take that quick hitter.... he'd avoid so much punishment from hits.

He needs to get better at the short intermediate game and then hitting the hot route. This will be especially true against tamu and Clemson next year.

Advertisement
it annoys me Manny wouldn't even consider him over a toddler who was benched at Houston yet now he has him tweeting on his behalf. if king wasnt hurt, this kid would be on the bench instead of lighting it up

Next season could be his last. He has great size, can move. Could he be amongst the top quarterbacks for the 2023 class? Especially if someone like Kiffin is the coach next year?
I hope it is, for his sake and ours. Otherwise Garcia portals out of here.

In 2014, Brad Kaaya was named ACC Rookie of the Year and Offensive Rookie of the Year by both ASCMA and Coaches…Totaled 2,962 passing yards on 202-for-345 passing with 25 touchdowns compared to just 11 interceptions in regular season

This regular season, TVD 2,931 passing yards on 202-for-324 with 25 touchdowns compared to just 6 interceptions. I think TVD wins ACC freshman of the year, even though Clemson is lobbying for Shipley. It’s really not much of a contest. Although Kaaya was a true freshman, TVD did this missing 2 games, plus playing mop-up duty in one game

For the bowl game, TVD needs only 236 yards to break Kaaya’s freshman yards total, and 2 TDs to break his freshman TDs total.

It’s just the start for TVD. TVD will hopefully put in the necessary work and make his leap this off-season and next season under the new OC. The Canes still need a solid run game to complement his passing, so the new OL, with Rivers replacing Vaughn, will open lanes for Chaney, Thad and Rooster. If that happens, then Canes will score like we have never seen and TVD will be in a position to give the NFL some thought

But even with a great season next year, i still think TVD should return for his junior year

Advertisement
Potentially, yes. Great tools, great size, and clearly hasn't peaked. Will obviously be impacted by who his OC is next season and what system he implements.

As of now I only See cj stroud as a qb who can be over him. I like van dyke skill talent and size better than Bryce young. But with stroud I think He’s a more talented qb than young

Advertisement
Back