Will Trayon Gray Move back to WR?

Advertisement
I think that he will stay on as running back. Ball security did seem to be his issue the first two years but with the help of a real running back coach I see him being one of the top two backs by seasons end. He seems to fit the mold better than any of the other backs besides Gus of what Richt looks for in his backs. This will be a good year for him under the new system and coaching. It was already said that he was the homerun back, he just had problems holding on to the ball. I'm sure they will put the confidence in him that he needs to take it to the next level.

I hope so, because I think this is his best position; I also think he could be a difference maker there. He could be an Anquon Boldin type player for us.

I have not heard anything, but I am just tossing this out there for discussion.

Move "back" he never played WR at Miami. I think he needs to stay RB.

Never understood why Gray didn't get more carries this year. It's not like Yearby and Gray were killing it, so he should've at least gotten more chances.

It won't be any easier depth wise with Edwards coming back and Homer and maybe another RB coming in. If he doesn't win Richt over in the Spring, I hope Gray changes to a position where he can at least make a contribution.

WR is where I've always wanted him, but with how thin we're looking at DB right now, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a look at Safety.

He is right now sitting behind Edwards, Yearby, Walton and at best is tied with Tucker. If I were him, I'd be pleading to be moved to receiver, we really don't have another off the ball outside receiver outside of Coley. Maybe Lewis could do it but I wouldn't wanna have to reley on him.

I'd somewhat disagree because CMR has indicated/stated that they won't make any judgements based on film from last year. Everybody starting out equally. If that statement holds true then we can and probably will see changes in the depth chart at all positions. I wouldn't count any of the "talented" players out for starting or significant playing time just yet.

Advertisement
The biggest waste of 2 years I've ever seen. Fvck Al Golden and his Golden girls.

Agreed, kid should be a redshirt sophmore right now. He should've been given more chances last year.

Agree that not redshirting that first year was a silly move and just another sample of Golden being in over his head. But while I'm not from Florida and don't see these kids playing in HS, what is it about Gray that makes him this tragic tale? He was a 3 star with offers from Cincinnati and USF, that's it. I know in the scheme of Golden that's actually not that bad..and I also know his offers were probably hurt by his ACT issues..but...based on the rankings he IS not as good as Yearby or Walton..right? I read someone here say Gus Edwards is a joke. I absolutely disagree and think he's probably better than Gray as well.
Maybe Trayone should just pull a Storm Johnson (minus the weed) and transfer- get himself a shot to be the guy somewhere and get on an NFL radar.

The biggest waste of 2 years I've ever seen. Fvck Al Golden and his Golden girls.

Agreed, kid should be a redshirt sophmore right now. He should've been given more chances last year.

Agree that not redshirting that first year was a silly move and just another sample of Golden being in over his head. But while I'm not from Florida and don't see these kids playing in HS, what is it about Gray that makes him this tragic tale? He was a 3 star with offers from Cincinnati and USF, that's it. I know in the scheme of Golden that's actually not that bad..and I also know his offers were probably hurt by his ACT issues..but...based on the rankings he IS not as good as Yearby or Walton..right? I read someone here say Gus Edwards is a joke. I absolutely disagree and think he's probably better than Gray as well.
Maybe Trayone should just pull a Storm Johnson (minus the weed) and transfer- get himself a shot to be the guy somewhere and get on an NFL radar.

It was reported all throughout camp that he was the most explosive back on the roster but struggled with ball security. The only way you get better with ball security is more reps IMO. The kid at the least should've been returning kicks over Walton.

It was reported all throughout camp that he was the most explosive back on the roster but struggled with ball security. The only way you get better with ball security is more reps IMO. The kid at the least should've been returning kicks over Walton.

You know it's just so hard to use any past judgements when you are dealing with a coaching staff of goofballs and guys who just aren't equipped. So I'm always gonna wonder just how explosive he was when I hear it coming from Golden. That said, I gotta think Richt will give him a fair shot in camp but from the looks of how CMR rolls, a kid like Gray would never have been a priority recruit for him. I would love to see him returning kicks...I always hated seeing starters doing that...and nothing drove me crazier than seeing Deon Bush on kick coverage!!! GOOD GOD!

Advertisement
Someone said it earlier in the thread, but i actually think Choc and Gus are the types of backs that Brother Richt prefers and will do very well in his system. from what i have seen in Brother Richt's play calling career is that he likes to run downhill with a fullback as a lead blocker. i don't believe he does a lot of zone stuff, he is more power and playaction type of play caller. Think about those 95-2000 school up north teams. They were 3 wide, 2 back downhill run, playaction teams. That was also what UGA did for the first 5-7 years of his tenure as well. If anyone should be worried i would think Yearby is the guy who really doesn't fit with what Richt likes to do.

We could have Herschel Walker, Bo Jackson, and Marcus Allen in the rotation.

None of it matters without addressing the underperforming OL. Derrick Henry couldn't get positive yards per carry running behind the road graders UM fielded.

Fix the OL, and a 50yr old man could get 3 yds per carry average.

It is a log jam at RB of guys who are all really good and will be pros but only , IMO , does Walton possess star potential . Still we have a sick wealth of riches there and with Homer , who IMO might be better then anyone we have now , the rich get richer.

We could have Herschel Walker, Bo Jackson, and Marcus Allen in the rotation.

None of it matters without addressing the underperforming OL. Derrick Henry couldn't get positive yards per carry running behind the road graders UM fielded.

Fix the OL, and a 50yr old man could get 3 yds per carry average.

This is the truth . If we had an OL this year it is a total different year as Yearby and Walton played great but there was just no holes at all.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back