Will the sanctions be more financial than anything else?

Hurrickaneof83

Freshman
I was thinking what are the chances our sanctions turn out to be more of a financial penalty than anything? Kind of like restitution to the victims of Shapiro?

Advertisement
In the SEC what Nevin did is called recruiting. It's a **** shame that the NCAA is stringing the program along the way it is. How does anybody take the word of a conman that's behind bars for running a ponzi scheme at face value? Nothing more than a witch hunt. If the NCAA investigates a big state school they get a slap on the wrist. When private schools are involved they drop the hammer.

I was thinking what are the chances our sanctions turn out to be more of a financial penalty than anything? Kind of like restitution to the victims of Shapiro?

Why would UM pay restitution to victims of Shapiro? UM had nothing to do with him perpetrating his scams. UM is a victim of Shapiro.

1. We have served a 2 year bowl ban

2. All players involved were suspended and paid back any $ given to them (All $2,400 of it)

3. We have fully cooperated with the NCAA during this investigation

WE WILL SKATE NOW. Time served.

The ones who need to worry are Hurrt and company.

Miami already paid back a decent sum of money that he donated. Can't remember exactly how much it was, but I believe somewhere in the ballpark of $60-100k.

Advertisement
Miami already paid back a decent sum of money that he donated. Can't remember exactly how much it was, but I believe somewhere in the ballpark of $60-100k.

What Nevin donated should have nothing to do with the NCAA investigation. Before he was found out to be a conman running a ponzi scheme he was a pillar in the community. Miami doesn't have the time or resources to investigate everybody who writes them a check and to think otherwise is insane.

The NCAA is nothing but a bunch of power trippers with unrealistic expectations. They will never be able to stop money being given to recruits.

Why would UM pay restitution to victims of Shapiro? UM had nothing to do with him perpetrating his scams. UM is a victim of Shapiro.

From my understanding, the whole point of the investigation was to see if the school or players received improper benefits. What I was thinking was that they would give a large financial penalty for us "allowing" it to happen. The ncaa would then donate a portion of that money to some sort of foundation benefitting the financial victims of Shapiro. Sort of like what they did to Penn State.

Advertisement
Back