Will The Media Attack Nebraska Now?

https://twitter.com/ESPNRobertSmith/status/663200688877477888
tweet by Robert Smith:
Gotta feel good for those #Nebraska kids after all their close losses. Way to go big Red!
mind you, this is the same idiot who screamed bloody murder that Duke got shafted and wanted Miami to forfeit their win. he's getting blasted on Twitter for being a hypocrite lol

This is disturbing. Yes disturbing and on a few levels. This whole anti UM bias is to the point of being pathological. The entire thing is bizarre, irrational and completely severed from reality. The fact that dozens and dozens of media personalities chose to embrace something so blatantly dishonest and destructive is frankly beyond my ability to comprehend. What makes this deranged phenomenon even more perplexing is the fact that the vast majority of these people are fully grown and well educated adults. These are professionals that make their living watching, analyzing and discussing sports.

I would have a very difficult time trying to articulate just how overwhelming it is for me to sit here and process how all of these well educated professional adults could consciously chose to take part in such blatantly immature, hypocritical and malicious nonsense. Isn't it about time that this insanity was confronted? I don't have the words to sufficiently describe how appalling and despicable I find this behavior to be. For how much longer are we just going to sit idly by while these self righteous montebanks continue to deficate on all of the hard work these young men put in everyday? For how much longer are we going to sit here and allow these spineless jackals to maliciously slander these kids that proudly represent the University of Miami? These young men have never done anything to any of these media hacks to deserve the onslaught of vile hatred continuously levelled at them yet the attacks persist.

It's about **** time that someone with some intestinal fortitude called these people out for the vicious hate mongers that they are! Isn't it about **** time that someone asked what it is that they are so scared of? Why are they so terrified of confident and talented black athletes playing football with passion and enthusiasm at the highest levels? They seem to be fine with it as long as said African American athletes do so at an establishment institution like Alabama, Notre Dame, or Ohio St. How is it possible that no one has challenged the media's lazy and dishonest stereotyping of these young men that represent the University of Miami? Is it because the good ol boy network of traditional college football still resent the fact that a bunch of outspoken, brash and uber talented inner city kids at a small private school in Miami had a blast running roughshod of the sacred cows of college football? Is this our punishment for running train on their cookie cutter establishment? When exactly did golf etiquette begin to inbue the fabric of college football? When did it become so important to make doubly sure that no ones feelings get hurt? I'm guessing it was probably around the same time that a bunch of hungry and talented inner city kids from South Florida decided to crash the establishment party without an invitation and radically redifine the landscape of modern era college football. Here's to doing it again!

You know why: The media bias/hate against Miami is racially motivated.

But a lot of the tv and radio guys hating on miami are black too.Wilboun and Smith to name a couple.

Advertisement
UM is like a Republican presedential candidate, Nebraska is like Duke, a Hillary...Not a chance.

That's the firs thing I thought of, the obvious double-standard from a biased, sanctimonious, superior media. It's at work in politics, and international politics. For example, one vibrant, pluralistic and tolerant democracy which has become the international whipping boy, subject to a lot of slanders and lies, but I don't want to go any further because that arouses a lot of hate and irrational passions.

By the way, I am a registered Democrat, have been since 1968, but I doubt that the hags on the View would ever treat Hillary with the venom unleashed on Carlie Fiorina. There IS a double-standard.

Media is very very biased. That was obvious on the CNBC debates, where there tons of "gotcha" ambush questions, instead of proper questions on economic policy.

The haughty, supercilious John Harwood still thinks he did nothing wrong. Not surprising he's so arrogant, grew up in the Bethesda area (mine after growing up in Miami) and his father was also a reporter for the Washington Post. He's the type who thinks he knows better, is smarter, and is all around better than anybody else. I think he's a Duke graduate, by the way. Not surprising.

This is what we got ourselves into when we joined the ACC, some of the schools just believe they are superior and that their people are superior.

Very well stated Matador. Thank you all for your positive comments on my post. This is some of the best discourse I have read recently. I really appreciate all of the intelligent and insightful commentary. This board can be very enjoyable as there are so many intelligent posters here. And they say Miami fans are dumb!

https://twitter.com/ESPNRobertSmith/status/663200688877477888
tweet by Robert Smith:
Gotta feel good for those #Nebraska kids after all their close losses. Way to go big Red!
mind you, this is the same idiot who screamed bloody murder that Duke got shafted and wanted Miami to forfeit their win. he's getting blasted on Twitter for being a hypocrite lol

This is disturbing. Yes disturbing and on a few levels. This whole anti UM bias is to the point of being pathological. The entire thing is bizarre, irrational and completely severed from reality. The fact that dozens and dozens of media personalities chose to embrace something so blatantly dishonest and destructive is frankly beyond my ability to comprehend. What makes this deranged phenomenon even more perplexing is the fact that the vast majority of these people are fully grown and well educated adults. These are professionals that make their living watching, analyzing and discussing sports.

I would have a very difficult time trying to articulate just how overwhelming it is for me to sit here and process how all of these well educated professional adults could consciously chose to take part in such blatantly immature, hypocritical and malicious nonsense. Isn't it about time that this insanity was confronted? I don't have the words to sufficiently describe how appalling and despicable I find this behavior to be. For how much longer are we just going to sit idly by while these self righteous montebanks continue to deficate on all of the hard work these young men put in everyday? For how much longer are we going to sit here and allow these spineless jackals to maliciously slander these kids that proudly represent the University of Miami? These young men have never done anything to any of these media hacks to deserve the onslaught of vile hatred continuously levelled at them yet the attacks persist.

It's about **** time that someone with some intestinal fortitude called these people out for the vicious hate mongers that they are! Isn't it about **** time that someone asked what it is that they are so scared of? Why are they so terrified of confident and talented black athletes playing football with passion and enthusiasm at the highest levels? They seem to be fine with it as long as said African American athletes do so at an establishment institution like Alabama, Notre Dame, or Ohio St. How is it possible that no one has challenged the media's lazy and dishonest stereotyping of these young men that represent the University of Miami? Is it because the good ol boy network of traditional college football still resent the fact that a bunch of outspoken, brash and uber talented inner city kids at a small private school in Miami had a blast running roughshod of the sacred cows of college football? Is this our punishment for running train on their cookie cutter establishment? When exactly did golf etiquette begin to inbue the fabric of college football? When did it become so important to make doubly sure that no ones feelings get hurt? I'm guessing it was probably around the same time that a bunch of hungry and talented inner city kids from South Florida decided to crash the establishment party without an invitation and radically redifine the landscape of modern era college football. Here's to doing it again!

You know why: The media bias/hate against Miami is racially motivated.

But a lot of the tv and radio guys hating on miami are black too.Wilboun and Smith to name a couple.

It's a human race condition; I posted a while back in another thread about Wilbon's need to lash out on authentic men of action:

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/mike-wilbon/92811

Wilbon is like the guy who wears all this US Navy SEAL gear, but the closest he got was passing the Navy Boot Camp North of Chicago.

Smith played mid major D-1 ball in NC for a least a modicum of experience; he hasn't been able to progress past being a firebomber (His morning Fox sports show flopped).

Big Ten: Michigan State-Nebraska refs handled out-of-bounds play right

******* amatuer hour for the ACC. Big 10 says they got it right (even though they clearly did not) and the ACC doles out a 2 game suspension for our officals for "getting it wrong" even though it is clearly up for debate.

The hate is real.

Big Ten supervisor of officials Bill Carollo later elaborated: "The only thing replay could have done to overturn to illegal touching is indisputable video evidence that showed no contact at all. We didn't have that. Replay is not authorized to re-officiate the play. We're comfortable with where we ended up."

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back