Will TE Mallory be a redshirt?

I expect a transfer te, I just can’t see us going into a season with these current guys and true Fr.

Dunno about that. We could see less emphasis on TE. More 20 sets with 2 backs and 3 WRs. We could use the beef at FB when we need to get more physical if our TEs cant cut it.

Advertisement
Dunno about that. We could see less emphasis on TE. More 20 sets with 2 backs and 3 WRs. We could use the beef at FB when we need to get more physical if our TEs cant cut it.

True dat. I just think Mark wants better te’s especially for the power run. It looks like he wants to run it a tad bit more . And we have nobody on the roster to do that.

I mean it doesn’t hurt anything to bring in a guy if he’s good enough.

I wouldn't say it bothered me at all. I was just curious

OK Stylie, It's really not against any rules, and its often been done before.

Many people post a subject that asks a question and then go on to offer their opinion on that subject...for example:. "Should Golden be fired now?", "Can Tiger come back?", "Are the Canes for real this season? I hope that helps.

I really don't see a problem with anyone doing that. Take it easy

OK Stylie, It's really not against any rules, and its often been done before.

Many people post a subject that asks a question and then go on to offer their opinion on that subject...for example:. "Should Golden be fired now?", "Can Tiger come back?", "Are the Canes for real this season? I hope that helps.

I really don't see a problem with anyone doing that. Take it easy
It's cool dude.

Advertisement
I seriously doubt it.

1st none of us really knows what he weighs right now. I've heard from 205-215 on this board. But no one knows for a fact...he could be larger now

Think of what Rousseau with a similar frame did in 2-3 months. Many of us just sitting behind our keyboards have added over 20+lbs in a couple of months. He's got 4 months to do so with S&C.

A good athlete with his size and frame can easily do so. Seriously doubt he's just sitting at home doing nothing now knowing that he has a chance of playing some this year. Especially with him knowing that TE is one of our weakest positions with very little quality depth. We also have no clue how CMR is planning on using him.

His chances of hitting the field there this year IMO is greater than 50%. So why RS when you can be playing?

Seriously doubt he's asked to RS
Nope

Advertisement
He can be used as a WR while he bulks up, He just recently won the 100m and 110m Hurdles at the FHSAA 1A District 4 Championships to move on to the Regionals

We have so many options at WR though. He would have to be outstanding this summer to surpass Langham, Hightower, Cager at the "big WR" position.

We have so many options at WR though. He would have to be outstanding this summer to surpass Langham, Hightower, Cager at the "big WR" position.
Have to see how some some of those players pan out during the season and how he plays. Then you may have injuries to people during the year.

I would shirt him and move Langham to TE. Langham gives you the same route options from a pass catching standpoint as Mallory, but Langham is a grown *** man as a senior. Don't see Mallory staying in-line anyway and blocking. I would roll with Jordan, Langham, Irvin jr, and Poland for the year. No knock on Mallory, think he will be a stud for us, but kid is way skinny right now and didn't come in early to gain weight.

Langham to TE should have been in the works once spring ball started, especially with who we will have in the Fall. Doesn't have the speed or route-running ability to win against D1 corners.

Nope, he’s njoku 2.0 in receiving ability but is more natural coming in as a freshman. Don’t force him a role he can’t play year 1 in terms of an in-line goalline blocker. We could have him release from the line of scrimmage as a pass catcher because it will be impossible for any linebacker to stick with him. This is the same guy who made Trinity db group look sh*tty and they had two 5 stars and Miami signee Derrick smith on the team. He dominated them

You’re right on here. I’ll add he’s got MUCH better hands than Njoku.

Advertisement
Langham to TE should have been in the works once spring ball started, especially with who we will have in the Fall. Doesn't have the speed or route-running ability to win against D1 corners.

This would be a good idea except that we keep hearing from the coaches that Langham isn’t physical and doesnt play “big” like his size. I guess it’s an advantage for him to be covered by LBs instead of DBs, except when he needs to get separation or set a block near the LOS. Wait - sounds like a large part of being a TE.

It’s true though, without depth or Irvin/Polendey stepping up it may be an option that we have to consider

He won't redshirt, too many TE's will be coming in for years to come, he'll see the field this year. These guys are putting in 3 years now and if you redshirt them, you only getting 2 years on the field out of them. So not many redshirts are going to be taken unless someone just isn't able to see the field due to injury or talent ahead.

lol can we please stop with Langham being a TE. He’s one one of the softest WR’s we have and doesn’t block well. He’s not a TE...

Advertisement
I feel they did a Big injustice to Langham, he should have been given an opportunity to play TE. I think he would have been on the field more. He has great hands and he's huge. I think he is 2 stiff at WR and lacks separation and athleticism. At TE though he can be a match up problem. They should have had him there from last year or this spring. I just think his last year here will be a waste because he will not be used as much as a WR.

Now I feel the line up should look like this Langham, Jordan, Irvin, Polendy should be the guys this year lined up for inline TE play. You can create some separation with the TE recruiting by RS Mallory. I believe that line up though would give us the best chance of TE production this year.

With the proven incompetence of the current TE's on our roster, we actually still have people that think Mallory will redshirt?.........

giphy-3.gif

With the proven incompetence of the current TE's on our roster, we actually still have people that think Mallory will redshirt?.........

View attachment 59557

Yes...we literally played 2 te's all year. Jordan is more ready than him..that gives us 3 playable guys and possibly the walk on. I think the kid should shirt. Unless he tears up training camp. He is extremely light in the ***. Good thing is he is ahead of the game..hes putting in work in the weightroom right now based off of his twitter.Has a strength coach and all. With his frame he has to get up to 225-230. He will be a matchup problem whenever he hits the field though

Advertisement
Back