Will TE Mallory be a redshirt?

MainLineCane

No More Excuses / Time to win
I seriously doubt it.

1st none of us really knows what he weighs right now. I've heard from 205-215 on this board. But no one knows for a fact...he could be larger now

Think of what Rousseau with a similar frame did in 2-3 months. Many of us just sitting behind our keyboards have added over 20+lbs in a couple of months. He's got 4 months to do so with S&C.

A good athlete with his size and frame can easily do so. Seriously doubt he's just sitting at home doing nothing now knowing that he has a chance of playing some this year. Especially with him knowing that TE is one of our weakest positions with very little quality depth. We also have no clue how CMR is planning on using him.

His chances of hitting the field there this year IMO is greater than 50%. So why RS when you can be playing?

Seriously doubt he's asked to RS

Last edited:
Advertisement
Nope, he’s njoku 2.0 in receiving ability but is more natural coming in as a freshman. Don’t force him a role he can’t play year 1 in terms of an in-line goalline blocker. We could have him release from the line of scrimmage as a pass catcher because it will be impossible for any linebacker to stick with him. This is the same guy who made Trinity db group look sh*tty and they had two 5 stars and Miami signee Derrick smith on the team. He dominated them

Last edited:
Nearly impossible he redshirts because Irvin and Polendey are that underwhelming. TE is not a position you want to continue being forced to play freshmen early at but it is what it is.

He's not going to redshirt, but I'm pretty sure he will be declared ineligible once the NCAA realizes he's actually a 31-year-old man named Eric Decker

Advertisement
Mallory won't redshirt.

Somebody needs to play TE.

The numbers are too low and the experience is far lower.

Mallory won't redshirt.

Somebody needs to play TE.

The numbers are too low and the experience is far lower.

This. Like Rousseau (even if he hadn't put on the weight), we can't afford to RS him. We just don't have the numbers at his position.

Advertisement
When does he arrive on campus? Just wondering for a realistic idea of how much time in S&C he'll have before fall ball.

No chance he redshirts. People act like he can only workout when he gets here but I bet he's already added weight since the last time it was reported.

I seriously doubt it.

1st none of us really knows what he weighs right now. I've heard from 205-215 on this board. But no one knows for a fact...he could be larger now

Think of what Rousseau with a similar frame did in 2-3 months. Many of us just sitting behind our keyboards have added over 20+lbs in a couple of months. He's got 4 months to do so with S&C.

A good athlete with his size and frame can easily do so. Seriously doubt he's just sitting at home doing nothing now knowing that he has a chance of playing some this year. Especially with him knowing that TE is one of our weakest positions with very little quality depth. We also have no clue how CMR is planning on using him.

His chances of hitting the field there this year IMO is greater than 50%. So why RS when you can be playing?

I would shirt him and move Langham to TE. Langham gives you the same route options from a pass catching standpoint as Mallory, but Langham is a grown *** man as a senior. Don't see Mallory staying in-line anyway and blocking. I would roll with Jordan, Langham, Irvin jr, and Poland for the year. No knock on Mallory, think he will be a stud for us, but kid is way skinny right now and didn't come in early to gain weight.

I seriously doubt it.

Why did you ask a question as the subject line but then answer your own question? I could see him RS’ing.

Advertisement
Not even close and I’m sure it’s not even a discussion. I’m sure he’s been told to be ready to come in and play.

I would shirt him and move Langham to TE. Langham gives you the same route options from a pass catching standpoint as Mallory, but Langham is a grown *** man as a senior. Don't see Mallory staying in-line anyway and blocking. I would roll with Jordan, Langham, Irvin jr, and Poland for the year. No knock on Mallory, think he will be a stud for us, but kid is way skinny right now and didn't come in early to gain weight.

I said the same thing. Langham would be perfect in that role

Advertisement
I think he might depending on Jordan and how quickly he becomes TE2. Irvin and Polendey have a big advantage having been here the last two springs so Mallory would have to be ready right away unless they plan on burning his redshirt mid-season.

Why did you ask a question as the subject line but then answer your own question? I could see him RS’ing.

Really?? Wow it bothered you that much huh?

Didn't seem to stop you or anyone else from offering their own opinions.

But hey man, IF you really want to know why, I don't mind telling you. ok

Really?? Wow it bothered you that much huh?

Didn't seem to stop you or anyone else from offering their own opinions.

But hey man, IF you really want to know why, I don't mind telling you. ok
I wouldn't say it bothered me at all. I was just curious

I expect a transfer te, I just can’t see us going into a season with these current guys and true Fr.

Advertisement
Back